OT: revisitng the social cost of CO2 emissions

From the latest Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

It's a trifle comical. One of the more predictable costs of global warming is sea level rise. There's about 10 metres of sea level rise in the Greenla nd and Western Antarctic ice sheets, and when these sheets end up sliding o ff into the ocean, most coastal cities will become worthless - which is a l ot of expensive real estate to have to write off.

I couldn't find any direct reference to sea-level rise anywhere in the arti cle, and since the "sliding off into the ocean" point isn't all that easily predictable, I can understand why.

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
bill.sloman