Elon Musk

Is an amazing guy. He went to Stanford for a Ph.D in physics but dropped out after two days to start Zip2 where he made his first millions. He then leveraged his economics degree to found X.com which led to the creation of Paypal where he made some millions more. He went on to found SpaceX that now supplies the ISS (not to be confused with ISIS). Tesla is possibly his most visible creation with cars appearing on the roads every day.

He is now working on even more ambitious projects.

I find it funny that some here feel his implosion is imminent. I guess Bill Gates is right behind him.

--

Rick C
Reply to

PayPal frankly seems like his greatest success story. As for the rest of it I'm not sure why investors line up to buy stock in companies they on the other hand seem so perpetually unsatisfied with.

"That meal was absolutely disgusting. When can we book reservations here next?"

Reply to
bitrex

You're wrong! It was BILLIONS he made from PayPal.

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

The article I read said it was sold for 1.2 billion and I don't think he owned it all.

--

Rick C
Reply to

PayPal helped screw my company out of almost $4000USD back in 2006. Customer bought a product from us for $4000USD, then claimed to his credit card about 100 days later that the product was not what he bought (it was - I had photo proof). PayPal only allows dispute management for

90 days at that time and so the credit card company demanded a refund from PayPal (which they paid) and then PayPal demanded that I pay it back to them. Even though the PayPal agent AGREED that it was a scam. And the police once I got them involved. I still lost the $4000USD. I suspect it would still happen much the same way so I do not accept payments more than about $500USD.

PayPal is NOT a bank, and as such is unregulated as far as I can tell.

John

Reply to
John Robertson

I agree that Paypal is not so good. But I'm on the other side and get screwed by vendors. I use the credit card to back up my protection, but that only lasts two months past the statement the charge appears on.

Why did you pay Paypal? Did they already have your funds?

--

Rick C
Reply to

I had to pay them back to be able to continue using PayPal services. Try and run an online business in 2006 without PayPal. eBay, etc. all required it as payment method.

John

Reply to
John Robertson