OT: Problems with Mozilla Firefox

Actually the book was bought for me as a Christmas gift, on CD. I loaded it onto the iPod through iTunes.

...Jim Thompson

Honestly John, have you ever heard of google?

get onto google, and enter "MP3 Hearing damage"

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris

John, do the google. The first site you find will be from a german medical paper on the subject. I think your curiosity will be satisfied.

There are hundereds of hits to that simple search.

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris

I read in alt.binaries.schematics.electronic that Chuck Harris wrote (in ) about 'OT: Problems with Mozilla Firefox', on Mon, 25 Apr 2005:

Yes, but you said 'medical circles'. Stuff like that often isn't found by Google even if it's on the web at all.

'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate

I read in alt.binaries.schematics.electronic that Chuck Harris wrote (in ) about 'OT: Problems with Mozilla Firefox', on Mon, 25 Apr 2005:

Oh, I will, in fact I would have done by now if something else had not intervened. I just wanted to explain why I didn't do that originally.

'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate

Hello Barry,

Not always. When I restored that old piano I had to rebuild some of the damping lever mechanisms using wood and deer leather. I'd consider these digital features: They muffle the strings instantly after a key is released, unless this function is "gated off" by pressing a pedal.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello Jim,

Close: In Cameron Park, Highway 50 about 30 miles east of Sacramento. Drop me a line or call (530 672 1657) when you know your itinerary, at least we should be able to meet somewhere.

If this happens to be Gordon Moore's old company that would only be ten miles from here.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello John,

Usually you just click on "edit this page" and add your contributions to the end of the text window.

For a local Wiki that's not so helpful though since EE-Wikis will contain stuff like schematics.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

On further reading, it appears to be nonsense. If the problem were as severe as he says it *may* be, there would be tens of thousands of people with very real hearing damage.

As you also found, all of the hits on the subject seem to be referencing this same guy's stuff.... I guess he got his 15 minutes of fame.

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris

I read in sci.electronics.design that Chuck Harris wrote (in ) about 'OT: Problems with Mozilla Firefox', on Mon, 25 Apr 2005:

The first three are all the same rant from a kook. He even admits that he has no evidence of any effect, and then claims 'fatal consequences'. It destroys one's faith in freedom of speech.

I didn't find any that presented any credible evidence. Most of them were only about MP3 alone or hearing damage alone. Several of the pages on hearing damage alone are shrill, alarmist and inaccurate; I can tell that the writer does not know the subject in depth.

This one is reliable, in fact the whole site is very good (and no, it isn't run by my brother):

'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate

Hello John,

Pretty cool.

But you are right, credible medical information usually requires membership or the disbursement of pretty steep fees for access. Like IEEE-Explore you usually only find the abstracts on the web, the full pdf file requires payment.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

which is the main reason I generally avoid MS apps for mail, news, and browsing.

4.3.2, 1.93 and 1.02 here.
Reply to
budgie