Firefox Weirdness

Just had a strange experience... machine running slow, opened Task Manager, Firefox was running without showing in the tray. I think Mozilla has gone Microshit :-( ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Your machine is jimmed :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Joerg, Have you been sneaking into my machine ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Yeah, I sent down a Westphalian curse ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

From a Westphalian ham. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

We recently discovered that a local German butcher has it. When I entered their store it was like I'd gone to heaven. $60 and many pounds of good stuff later I headed back home. From a health point of view this store is probably the surgeon general's nightmare.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Is there a particular German farm where you prefer their product over others? (I'm assuming there is more than one farmer following these raising and curing practices.) And is "very salty" something you expect or are their variations here?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

everything is dangerous in excess, even water

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

No, and to be honest I don't even know where this butcher gets his meat from. But there isn't any choice anyhow, this is the only butcher that carries genuine Westphalian ham. And Landjaeger, and Leberkaes, and Kasseler, and ...

When I grew up, farmers and individual households did the curing but that has become rare. Back then it was kind of salty which I always liked. Probably the worst food in terms of ultra-high sodium content is the Swedish Saltrulle. A part of the back of moose cured in super-salty brine. I could eat that all day long on crunchy bread.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I've seen that, when I was low on RAm, and Windows had been running for weeks between reboots. If you click on Firebox in the 'Task Mangler' and 'Switch to', it reappears in the tray.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No, he has Baer Syndrome.

Martin Riddle

 Click to see the full signature

Basically, it says to kill the hung process or reboot the computer. Add to the things to do list clearing the Firefox web cache and the Java cache. If nothing works, burnt offerings on the barbeque have been known to appease the computah gods.

I need a rant...

I am tech support, and I know it all. I anxiously wait for your latest call. You've only to play, the game of voice mail, I'll be there shortly, I'm working my tail. Now tell me your problem, and what did you do? This cannot have happened. I haven't a clue. I may have the answer, though it's slightly late, Just buy the next version, release, or update. Next, tell me your problem, no matter how small, I am tech support, and I know it all...

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Do you have any plugins enabled?

While I wouldn't assume that something as complex as a web browser is going to be bug-free, enabling the Flash, Acrobat or Java plugins certainly won't improve matters.

Flash is sometimes unavoidable, but there's no need to use Acrobat via a plugin. Having to select "Open in Acrobat" from a dialog is a minor inconvenience, and you retain to option to select "cancel" when a random website decides to hand you a PDF file for no apparent reason.

Reply to
Nobody