Problems with SAA7129H

I have a product that is using an SAA7129H Digital Video Encoder.

We are having field problems with this part dieing, no video out.

The customer will shut off the machine for a few hours and its will come back working, only to die again.

It seems like the OFF time is cooling it off and turning iton again it will work for awhile.

A few more On/OFF shuffles and the part it dead.

Replacing this chip takes care of the problem, but I am trying to figure out why.

Has anyone here used this part and have you had any problems with the life of this part ?

Thanks

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton