OT - Prediction time

One thing to consider -- no matter how polarized Democrats and Replublicans get, is it possible that elections are actually decided by those voters who go to the polls and have no idea what the issues or candidates' positions are? Is that why you see all those campaign ads, street signs and commercial TV smear campaigns?

Maybe elections are more about sound bytes and name recognition (and who can sneak in the more effective attack ad) than it is about true governing philosophy or policy positions. It would explain a lot!

Reply to
mpm

Uh-huh... Um, what about those bailouts?

Or tax incentives, targeted jobs tax credits, favorable zoning, price supports, owning stocks in other companies, gambling w/ credit, etc... This list goes on forever. Sometimes, I think a happy customer isn't even on the list.

Reply to
mpm

What=92s really soured me on the tea baggers and their supporters is their hypocritical position on the first amendment. This issue in NY, the building of the Islamic civic center, is really a non-issue. But they turned it into one.

Those are American working within the law and entitled to all the right of any American. But in the eyes of some it=92s okay to harass them because they don=92t understand or like their religion. If they could they would feel justified in taking away their first amendment rights.

Yeah, I guess as a group, they are constitutional supports as long as it benefits them.

Reply to
jim

Why haven't the recent...

been prosecuted by DOJ?

Guess?

Find me a significant newspaper that reports left wing activity as such.

I've always thought that the Mafia could run the country better. ...Jim Thompson

               I can see November from my house :-)

The Bible only calls for a 10% tithe.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

No, that's government doing the thieving; the recipients are only accepting what's being offered to them on a silver platter.

And whose fault do you think that is?

Duh.

Reply to
Rich Grise

Shouldn't have ever happened! Why do you think the country is going down the toilet?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

The difference between the left wing and the right wing is the distance from the first amendment to the second.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

That's either redundant, or 1 percent.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

That portion is for the church itself, not for the government.

Reply to
josephkk

It is a shame that killing them does not reliably stop their voting.

Reply to
josephkk

Yeah - "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's" - IOW, _all_ of it.

They show their superiority and godlike largesse by letting you keep almost half of what your earn.

The solution, of course, which EVERYBODY avoids, is to fire the bureaucrats.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Don't put up tombstones for them to copy. :)

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell