How can I secure my house.

I have been trying to secure my house and have not been sucessful. I have tried all the locks on the market with no luck. I finally tought of something on my own. I took a piece of paper (wippie) matteral and put a phillips screw through the metteral and then in to the door took the other screw and put it on the other end of the matteral and in to the door jam, then I filled the phillip x with putty and then marked it with a marker (some kind of mark) This was working for a while. Then some one opened my grarage door and scraped off the putty exposing only the x that of course can be refilled, its the mark I make that would be hard to duplcate. I called the police and didn't get any help there. They are not taking any thing they are just doing it to annoy me. Any suggestions.

Reply to
myspirit2000

Why don't you make some heavy duty iron brackets that you lag bolt to the door jamb on both sides of the door from the inside. Then lay a long 4x4 into the brackets fully across the door. That should be way stronger than any lock.

- mkaras

Reply to
mkaras

Don't encourage the aluminium beanie crowd.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Well I don't believe that for a moment.

Reply to
CWatters

I'll bet he's buying those $2.00 chinese lock sets from places like Big Lots. You could spend a couple hundred thousand dollars and not have tried every type of lock on the market.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida