OT - Prediction time

How many house seats will GOP pickup?

I am saying +85

My three hopefuls - Art Robinson- OR... McClung- AZ .... Frank (Loses)- MA.

Please Please Please

Reply to
brent

I fear that the TP and republicrats might want to turn the country into some kind of fundamentalist revival tent meeting, shoving their religion down our throats despite the First Amendment.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

We are all praying. But I'm betting there will be _extreme_ voter fraud... the Democrat's modus operandi.

The best Democrat is a dead Democrat... they vote early and often. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I can see November from my house :-)

What a complete idiot.

JeffM

+70 (70% of the ~100 up for grabs)

Yep. Between "early/absentee voting" fraud

the disenfranchisement of military personnel

and voting machine fraud

there will probably be in excess of 200M votes cast for Demonicrats.

Has been since JFK.

Fire one, kill one.

Reply to
krw

You certainly are!

Reply to
krw

brent wrote:

Yup. It is a problem, but corporatism is a bigger one.

Oh, joy. Here come the platitudes.

...apparently by handing over MORE power to corporations. (The empty head of a TeaPartyer is an echo chamber for the Koch brothers' greed.)

Start with the Bill of Rights. First Dubya, now Obama pissed on that. I don't see that the USAian police state will be less oppressive under any of the Right-of-Center types. (Right-of-Center includes Democrats.)

The garrison state isn't in the Constitution either.

...like cancel NAFTA and stop subsidizing USAian farmers.

Note: I won't be casting any vote for any Red or Blue candidates this time--or any time in the foreseeable future. My ballot is full of Greens and Peace and Freedom candidates.

Reply to
JeffM

Corporations *are* people.

Speaking of an "empty head"...

You somehow confuse GWB with the tea party.

Clueless.

Good thing it's only in your head.

NAFTA == illegal immigration? American farmers? You *are* an odd duck.

Good. Your "votes" are totally wasted.

Reply to
krw

krw@ att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

You see the TeaPartyers as something other than the Ultra-Right of the Far-Right party. I recognize them as just puppets of the reactionary Koch brothers.

...and waiting for someone to show me where the TPers have come out against warrentless wiretaps and warrentless arrests.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

...and it's all just a scam anyway.

Daddy did a year of TDY in Saudi Arabia leaving his family behind in the US. Before that, my baby sister was born in Okinawa. I've seen it up close.

Why do you think the agrarian workforce of Latin America is migrating up into the USA? We ruined their local economies with subsidized USAian foodstuffs. There are no jobs left there for them to do. Perot had it right with the "giant sucking sound"; he just got the vector wrong.

...and the immigration problem could be solved inside a month. Simply arrest all those who hire the illegals. It would take a lot less manpower than chasing brown-skins. ...unless your actual goal is just race-baiting.

Reply to
JeffM

No, not ultra anything, right and center.

You're an idiot, so there is no surprise here.

...and where is their platform on manned exploration of Mars?!

"The Constitution is not a suicide pact."

You've seen the inside of a loony bin...

Because they *CAN*.

Clueless.

You lefties wouldn't like that much.

You're not racist, much, eh?

It certainly is yours, clearly.

Reply to
krw

Make your vote not count.

Reply to
brent

aka When you have nothing, say nothing. Typical NeoCon.

Reply to
JeffM

Then why didn't you shut up weeks ago?

Wrong, Pot.

Reply to
krw

He'll grow up some day. Or not.

Reply to
krw

Corporations can't rob you - that'd be theft. If you don't like a corporation, all you have to do is not buy their crap. The only place corporations can get money is from happy customers.

With government, you don't have that option - they just take what they want whether you like it or not; their theft is called "taxes."

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

A certain amount of taxation is needed. Did you know that the Bible describes how the pharaoh gave the land back to the people and demanded 20% taxation in return. I think it is uncanny that a 20% tax rate is understood to be the fairest and most productive tax rate. It allows government to function but will not diminish productivity because people can live with a 20% rate. I am not against taxes at all, but we are well beyond the 20%. I suppose with the advancements in production the 20% rate can go up, but I think that 20% is a good philosophical taxation rate.

Reply to
brent

"A certain amount of taxation is needed. Did you know that the Bible describes how the pharaoh gave the land back to the people and demanded 20% taxation in return"

Ha. A deranged christian (is there any other kind?)

Reply to
x x

"Corporations can't rob you - that'd be theft."

Corporations can certainly rob you and they do it all the time. A lot of big business are subsidized.

"If you don't like a corporation, all you have to do is not buy their crap."

That may be true in a real free-market. But there's no real free- market in sight...

Reply to
x x

Forgive my language, but since voting fraud by certain people and groups are well known and apparently well documented, why the FUCK hasn't someone been arrested and convicted by now? Why the SHIT the newspapers have not been screaming bloody murder all this time to ensure LOTS of arrests, etc??? Perhaps we should vote FOR those in the slammer for 5-20 year "hotel accommodation" and get them in office? At least it will be IN PLAIN SIGHT OF ALL VOTERS that WA DC candidates are CROOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How about someone like STALIN?

Reply to
Robert Baer

-

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

all

el

I hope that the integrity of the voting process is taken up as a Tea Party / Republican agenda if the GOP wins the house. It would be a perfect agenda. Obama is going to veto everything the GOP wants anyhow and the GOP should not be finding "common ground" with the president. If the integrity of the voting process is believed to be corrupt (and many people believe it is becoming so) then violence becomes morally justified to change the course of government. It is that important. It would be relatively easy to correct. I think that every vote should be a paper ballot with a finger print attached to it. The right would be satisfied that secrecy could still be maintained and the left no longer believes in secret ballots anyhow ( as evidenced by card check)

Reply to
brent