OT: Post Turtle

America - seem interesting.

Don't come here... it's hotter than hell: 110°F right now at 2:36PM (MST)... but "it's a dry heat" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

America - seem interesting.

Siesta time I'd say - or sit in the shade with a cool beer.

( ( 110 + 40 ) x 5 ) / 9 - 40 = 42.3 C - phew

Reply to
richard

America - seem interesting.

43.33°C ;-)

I just went out to get some frozen food for my salt water tank creatures. I have a little 0.1 cu.ft. cooler "chest" that I take with me for such purposes ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Latin America - seem interesting.

Yup - slip of the pencil :-)

:-)

Reply to
richard

He still died, didn't he?

John

behave

banning of cluster bombs, promoting a just peace in the

to food crops.

increases the atmospheric load of CO2 - and leads to

vulnerable countries as well as other undesired

No, the first step is to prove it.

Judging from historical records, warm is good for people and crops, and cold is bad. And plants love CO2. Whether CO2 causes warming is still not proven.

investment in wind, solar and wavepower, probably not

Not reactors? They are the cleanest and safest practical energy source.

the people in Gaza instead of supporting the

Let them declare a state, and elect some officials, then we can negotiate with that state.

John

And the baby skin? He had new tissues in every organ of his body. You really are determined to be a skeptic, aren't you?

Whatever.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

You have a good point there. About a third of the people who have ever lived have never died.

Yet.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Tell me you never blow up a transistor while developing a new device...

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I am assuming because you are posting here that you took at least one college-level physics class. Let me guess: Physics for Poets, 3 hours, no lab, and you got a fraternity gentleman's C-.

Reply to
Richard Henry

is

on

of

e should behave

he banning of cluster bombs, promoting a just peace in the

preference to food crops.

ally, increases the atmospheric load of CO2 - and leads to

ooding in vulnerable countries as well as other undesired

investment in wind, solar and wavepower, probably not

hes of the people in Gaza instead of supporting the

rter has more nous than those in power in the US at the moment.

suit.

Jim fails to realise that adding a negative quantity would reduce the sum of human knowledge, but he is well-known to be out of contact with reality, and presumably doesn't appreciate that his habit of posting false claims doesn't make the the rest of us any wiser.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

We all do, eventually.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

should behave

banning of cluster bombs, promoting a just peace in the

reference to food crops.

ly, increases the atmospheric load of CO2 - and leads to

ding in vulnerable countries as well as other undesired

The evidence is persuausive, if you know enough to appreciate that "pressure broadening" is real (as opposed to "insane" as you posted here not all that long ago).

nvestment in wind, solar and wavepower, probably not nuclear fission reacto= rs.

But the spent fuel is very radioactive and stays that way for hundreds of thousands of years.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen (but in Sydney at the moment).

Reply to
bill.sloman

Excellent point. Wrong fact, but pithy, ergo excellent.

(actual figure is about 6%)

More to the point, have you a link describing a successful therapy, the disease or condition treated, and its dependency on embryonic stem cells ?

That would be compelling.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

My point was (subtly) that saying someone died is an indication of a failed therapy is meaningless.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Of course I took physics. And chemistry. And materials science, control theory, statics, dynamics, Signals and Systems, badminton, and beginner's tumbling. None of which skills lead directly to success in coding nonlinear models of wildly chaotic, unstable systems in which most of the parameters and inputs are only crudely guessed at.

Modeling is a lot simpler when you know the result you want before you write the code.

John

T=3DYour statement was "Whether CO2 causes warming is still not proven."

If CO2 did not cause warming, there would be icebergs at the Equator.*

*Admittedly exaggerated for dramatic effect.
Reply to
Richard Henry

I know. And mine was that if you think the therapies are effective, perhaps you could show us why. I.e., facts might persuade better than sniping.

Best regards, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

How many exemplars do you require?

*-*-*-damaged-retina+*-cochlea-*-cells+bone.marrow+paralyzed.mice+commercially-available-*-*-*-*-*+*-*-*-*-move-and-walk+*-increase-*-rate-*-*-*-*-*-*-*+*-enzyme-*-converts-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*+*-*-*-*-*-spinal-*-injury-*-*-can-*-walk-*-*-*+heart.disease*-throughout-*-China-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*+*-*-regenerate-*-*-nerve-cells

Reply to
JeffM

spx

Your response ("He still died, didn't he?") was not a snipe?

Reply to
Richard Henry