OT: NOAA flight problem, 3 out of 4 engines fail

That was a close miss

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Interesting report. Thanks.

But they failed to precisely factor in what all VFR-at-night pilots know: Engines ALWAYS run rough when it's pitch black out.

Reply to
Don Bowey

Don Bowey snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net posted to sci.electronics.design:

It was clear in the report that the aircraft involved was not a VFR type. 4 engines.

Reply to
JosephKK

Four engines has nothing to do with VFR vs. IFR.

You didn't understand the humor of my post so you obviously aren't a pilot.

Reply to
Don Bowey

Don Bowey snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net posted to sci.electronics.design:

Certainly not pilot enough to catch your no indicator humor.

Reply to
JosephKK

another

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

I'm not a pilot, yet I think I had a pretty good idea (and a good chuckle).

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Tim Wescott

That one is strange. I wonder why the pilot didn't reduce power to reverse the ascent. Any copter pilots here?

Reply to
Don Bowey