New type of remote controlled flight :-)

New type of remote controlled flight :-)

I have read that I trealy works, they can take of, land, and go in any direction, all remotely controlled from a laptop.

Now if we only still had dragons, ;-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

direction,

Where did you read this.

It looks like a fairly good joke, to me.

RL

Reply to
legg

legg wrote:

What exists today isn't very miniature, but incremental strides are being made:

JeffM

On a sunny day (Sun, 12 Jul 2009 11:29:59 -0400) it happened legg wrote in :

direction,

No it is real, if you can read German:

Jan Panteltje

direction,

It's Berkeley. Probably a gay beetle with magic sandals ;-)

...Jim Thompson

direction,

Yes, apparently they're not fooling.

I don't see controlled flight here, so much as force being applied to a mounting gymbal.

The implantation in pupae being '50% successfull'(12 subjects), I wonder how long the 'subjects' endure, or what behavior they exhibit w/r eating etc, after stimulation.

I remember kids sticking needles into captive flying insects. They (the kids) mostly got over it. This is sick, and seems a poorly controlled or documented experimental procedure. It can hardly be otherwise, I guess, with unstated aims (DARPA) save for 'payload'.

RL

Reply to
legg

direction,

Used for bugging people :-)

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

direction,

Did you not notice...UC Berzerklie.

Reply to
Robert Baer

On a sunny day (Sun, 12 Jul 2009 18:47:34 -0400) it happened legg wrote in :

direction,

Well... I am not a member of the animal lobby, and in my view many experiments we do on animals will broaden our understanding (will they bomb me now ??) of how nature, and ultimately we, work. So from an ethics POV, something you seem to be referring to, I have no problem with this. We kill millions for oil (humans), and life and death is something... We eat meat too. Sure, military will like to use swarms of insects for whatever, they say poisonous gasses detection, what not. Maybe [one day] you get stung by a remote controlled bee with curare ;-) Designing ever nastier weapons is what humans have been doing for many years, and getting payed for it too. I have designed for the military too. Although I always looked at it as strengthening defences. Politicians and generals can conclude that in some cases attack is the best defence. Your body kills millions of micro organisms, from viruses to bacteria every day. So save me the animal lobby crap. :-) Hey got it out :-)

As to controlling animals, people ride horses too. Either you use a saddle, or some implanted electrodes, eye flaps for horses. How about controlling a bigger bird, albatross? a penguin for under water attacks? (Linus users will revolt now ;-) ), nature provides us with an airframe and structures that we can, at least at this moment, hardly make better and more efficient with normal tech. Maybe in the not to distant future we can build from the ground up with genetic engineering, will we ever be able to 'create life'?, what is it anyways? Ultimately we are all (all lifeforms) the glove on the hand of that infinite power, the creator, nothing moves without that hand. So not to worry :-) Here is an interesting thread:

hehe

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Groan!

You've reminded me of this:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:04:19 +0000, Jan Panteltje wrote: ...

Yabbut, it doesn't send minions halfway across the world to kill them.

Actually, of all of the trillions of organisms that live on your skin, the vast majority are friendly; sort of your first line of defense against the nasties. Yes, your personal bacteria drink your sweat and eat your dead skin cells and foreign bacteria. They're also the ones who make BO, and some theorize that that's how we survived the jungle while we were evolving. The predator smells the BO, and says, "Feh! Who wants to eat _THAT_???" ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise