Taking back control of the flight computer ?

In my basement.

SNOBOL.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

We are on to you...Which plane are you planning to skyjack, so that i may avoid that flight?

Reply to
Robert Baer

There is a popular misconception that the Boeing 777 is an airplane. It's not. It's 1000000 lines of ADA code flying in tight formation.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Ok,

Suppose the plane has just been hi-jacked. You are onboard flight X and it s going to crash into some building. Would it be possible to take back control of the flight computer ?

Where is the flight computer located ? AHHHHHHHHHHH

Just curious... in what language would it be programmed... does it have software or hardware only ?

What about boing 747, 757, 767, 777 ? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I would want as much as information as possible AHHHHHHH.

INPUT PLS, INFORMATION NOWWWWWWWWWWW =D !

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Between the pilots' seats typically. On the centre 'console'.

You're a f****it.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I'll venture that the flight control computer is in a rack in the equipment bay under the flight deck, and the display unit is on the center console. I bet its a VME ARINC power PC, and its all Ada.

Reply to
BobG

Safe, high-integrity subset of Ada, like Spark.

RM

Reply to
Robert Myers

I believe there was some discussion about four years ago on allowing air traffic controllers to override the onboard computers.

I don't know that anything was ever done, though.

-- glen

Reply to
glen herrmannsfeldt

Sounds like the ATC guys would want to override the Navigation computer that flies to a waypoint, not the flight control computer(s) that update control surfaces to maintain flight.

Reply to
BobG

In article , Skybuck Flying wrote: [...]

On the 777 there are two ZX-81s just behind the last overhead compartment.

All modern flight control computers are programmed in INTERCAL. For EMI resistance, ICs all use Fogal transistor technology.

Posting core dumps to a news group is not considered nice.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Yes, you're right, the optimal solution would be a tiny

27MHz antenna dangling down from the craft so that any RC model freak in reach could take over.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

That wouldn't surprise me.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Boiing!!! Boiing!!!

(I know, I know, don't feed the troll. I'll stop now, I promise.)

--
David Hopwood
Reply to

Here's something that was floating around Boeing a few years ago:

INERTIAL GUIDANCE SYSTEM SIMPLIFIED

The aircraft knows where it is at all times. It knows this because it knows where it isn't. By subtracting where it is from where it isn't, or where it isn't from where it is (whichever is the greater), it obtains a difference, or deviation.

The Inertial Guidance System uses derivations to generate error signal commands which instruct the aircraft to move from a position where it is to a position where it isn't, arriving at a position where it wasn't, or now is. Consequently, the position where it is, is now the position where it wasn't; thus, it follows logically that the position where it was is now the position where it isn't.

In the event that the position where the aircraft now is, is not the position where it wasn't, the Inertial Guidance System has acquired a variation. Variations are caused by external factors, the discussions of which are beyond the scope of this report.

A variation is the difference between where the aircraft is and where the aircraft wasn't. If the variation is considered to be a factor of significant magnitude, a correction may be applied by the use of the autopilot system. However, use of this correction requires that the aircraft now knows where it was because the variation has modified some of the information which the aircraft has, so it is sure where it isn't.

Nevertheless, the aircraft is sure where it isn't (within reason) and it knows where it was. It now subtracts where it should be from where it isn't, where it ought to be from where it wasn't (or vice versa) and integrates the difference with the product of where in shouldn't be and where it was; thus obtaining the difference between its deviation and its variation, which is a variable constant called "error".

Ban the bomb.  Save the world for conventional warfare.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Don't know where it exactly is or if it's true though.

But let's move on.

Suppose the flight computer is found, is there anything that can be done ?

Maybe cutting some lines to the cockpit... hoping that flight computer will fall back on auto pilot ???

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Ok,

My brain just got hi-jacked and I'm gonna crash hard. Would it be possible to take back control of my brain ?

Where is my brain located ? AHHHHHHHHHHH I looked for it between my ears but there seems to be only empty space :(((

I would want as much as information as possible AHHHHHHH.

INPUT PLS, INFORMATION NOWWWWWWWWWWW =D !

Bye, Skyfuck.

Reply to
Skyfuck Blying

You should remove the word "back" from the subject.

Reply to
acuario

dont think there would be any point, your brain is probably in better hands now

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Some discussion amonst the sci-fi fraternity maybe ?

Because it's not sensible to do it for 101 practical, engineering and simple plain common sense reasons.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

your are an idiot,