OT. More Government

ot

d off

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

Huh?? The $250K is reckoned AFTER meeting the payroll. A net 6-figure business owner can afford a tax increase an order of magnitude easier than his gross 5-figure employees.

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

Californica? Probably unionized.

...Jim Thompson

What do you think "IN PLACE OF" means?

I was talking about the LANDLINE service. Most disabled veterans who haven't lost their homes qualify for the landline service. Cell phones operate under different rules and tariffs. There is no such thing as 'basic' cell phone service.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

A quick check of Obama's $250K / 95% claims show that the top 5% threshold is approximately $160K(*), NOT $250K

(*) Estimated from prior years sliding rate... 2006 was $152,542

So, no surprise, Obama is a liar. No problem though, with the market slide, who is he going to tax to pay for his idiotic give-away plans?

...Jim Thompson

Compared to whom?

Just wondering how many people type a reply to Jim's posts and then sit back for a moment and say

forget it

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

We could have a Miracle and elect Bob Barr.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Another clueless Europeon opens his yippy yap.

--
Keith
Reply to

Since when does a lie have to be compared to anything to be a lie? Oh, you're another leftist relativists.

Obviously you failed.

"That's your brain on drugs."

--
Keith
Reply to

Don't be sorry. Some people are just born stupid.

I doubt even you could dumb your posts down more than you have been for the past few months.

--
Keith
Reply to

innews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yeah, some mortgages are so cheap you can't afford them.

The infrastructure bits need some real work too. Congress isn't up to that either.

--
Keith
Reply to

A line of PERL from my nfilter.dat...

  • Flag:JERK From:(dbowey\@comcast\.net)|(Frithiof)... ;-)

...Jim Thompson

                  Why are Europeons so ignorant?
           They think they know it all about the U.S.A.
                 But never have bothered to visit

Another line of PERL from my nfilter.dat...

  • Flag:JERK From:(Martin.Griffith)|(mullens-deleteme-\@ntlworld\.com)

...Jim Thompson

                  Why are Europeons so ignorant?
           They think they know it all about the U.S.A.
                 But never have bothered to visit

At least one. :) I figure Jim needs some space. His man is down in the polls. Palin's negatives are skyrocketing. And he and McCain are joined at the hip - well, replacement hips anyway. ;-) So its no wonder Jim's acting a little "erratic".

If he survives tomorrow's TrooperGate findings, I'm sure he'll recover in the weeks following Nov.4

Reply to
mpm

I wasn't quite done pummeling the nutless wonder.

Your tax dollars pay for Wal-Mart's greed

The estimated total amount of federal assistance for which Wal-Mart employees were eligible in 2004 was $2.5 billion. [The Hidden Price We All Pay For Wal-Mart, A Report By The Democratic Staff Of The Committee On Education And The Workforce, 2/16/04] One 200-employee Wal-Mart store may cost federal taxpayers $420,750 per year. This cost comes from the following, on average: $36,000 a year for free and reduced lunches for just 50 qualifying Wal- Mart families. $42,000 a year for low-income housing assistance. $125,000 a year for federal tax credits and deductions for low-income families. $100,000 a year for the additional expenses for programs for students. $108,000 a year for the additional federal health care costs of moving into state children's health insurance programs (S-CHIP) $9,750 a year for the additional costs for low income energy assistance. [The Hidden Price We All Pay For Wal-Mart, A Report By The Democratic Staff Of The Committee On Education And The Workforce, 2/16/04]

Health care subsidies compared to executive compensation

Excluding his salary of $1.2 million, in 2004 Wal-Mart CEO Lee Scott made around $22 million in bonuses, stock awards, and stock options in

2004. This $22 million could reimburse taxpayers in 3 states where Wal-Mart topped the list of users of state-sponsored health care programs, covering more than 15,000 Wal-Mart employees and dependents. [Wal-Mart Proxy Statement and News Articles GA, CT, AL]. Your tax dollars subsidize Wal-Mart's growth

The first ever national report on Wal-Mart subsidies documented at least $1 billion in subsidies from state and local governments. A Wal-Mart official stated that "it is common" for the company to request subsidies "in about one-third of all [retail] projects." This would suggest that over a thousand Wal-Mart stores have been subsidized. ["Shopping For Subsidies: How Wal-Mart Uses Taxpayer Money to Finance Its Never-Ending Growth," Good Job First, May 2004]

Reply to
mpm

Nope. Just barely sufficient staff to run the place though. Customer service? Fergeddeaboutit. Just a few cashiers.

Reply to
JosephKK

More lies from the brainless weenie, though I repeat myself.

--
Keith
Reply to

OK, let's dumb it down even more for you.... "Run Forrest! Run!"

Of course you didn't bother to read it! Duh!? That might make you look grossly uninformed and opinionated.

Oops, those words are probably too big for you. It makes you look like Jim Thompson.

You also have a significant reading comprehension problem. What I said was: [and I quote]

But to you, that says: WalMart doesn't provide insurance.

Why else would you write -

You did not bother to read, let alone contest any of the material I posted supporting the claim that indeed, WalMart does have one of the worst records of providing health benefits to their own employees.

But since by your own admission you don't even bother to read, and you seem to have incredible difficulting comprehending what you do read, I think we're done here.

Goodbye.

Reply to
mpm

mpm wrote in news:1c9efe7b-71dd-4a05-af59-292fee0ce832 @t41g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

I have a couple of prescriptions that are $4 ones, three covered by our insurance plan. Of those three, one has a $10 co-pay but IIRC doesn't cost much more than that anyway, as it si a generic. Generics simply cost less - no advertising overhead, and they're made by manufacturing companies, NOT by companies with huge R&D budgets (research, testing, FDA approvals, and so on, cost a bloody hell of a lot of money). I have 2 name-brand/newer ones; one would be something liek $150/month, has a $30 insurance co-pay.

So it's all different. SOme drugs are cheap to make and sell, once the patent protection has expired. SOme drugs are a bit more difficult to make. Others are new, but very effective, and still under patent protection.

All of that is taken into account by pricing. Also, purchasing in bulk also lowers prices, which is the main reason why drugs are (or at least used to be) less expensive in Canada - Canada buys tehm en masse, as opposed to the state-by-state "scattershot" approach taken in the US.

HTH

Reply to
Kris Krieger

You're the stupid shit here.

Nope, after a ten chapters of the same garbage I get bored. No need to read the eleventh.

Typical leftist weenie.

I read it, and you're *WRONG* (is that clear enough). Walmart

*does* offer insurance. Most others in their business don't. Therefore your statement is a *LIE*. Got it?

I don't read your poorly written ramblings after a few screens, no.

Bye now.

--
Keith
Reply to

Obama will tax them?

Can someone explicate me something? Why is it, we see repeatedly the imperial candidates claiming "I will raise taxes" or "I will lower them", and no one in media or politics ( or on Usenet) ever points out a minor Constitutional red flag on said pronuncimentos?

Need I spell this out? hint: Article I, section 7

Reply to
RichD