OT: Just leased a real office

Nice! Congratulations. And, if you need someone to come up and take your obsolete test equipment off your hands ... :-)

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Thanks.

None of it's obsolete, just well-aged. I just got a Mantis microscope ($1300, but cheaper than new eyeballs). I do have a few broken things if you want to take them and fix them up. ;)

Here's my current lab equipment list--I had to update it to send to the insurance human today.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

-- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal ElectroOptical Innovations

55 Orchard Rd Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 845-480-2058

-------------- ElectroOptical Innovations Equipment List

Phil Hobbs, May 20, 2011

HAVES

*****

Oscilloscopes:

--------------

Tek TDS744A 500 MHz 2Gs/s, 4 channel scope

Tek 11802 Sampling Scope SD-22 12.5 GHz dual low noise head SD-24 20 GHz dual TDR head SD-42 6.4 GHz OE converter SD-14 dual-channel probe sampler 3 GHz (B channel mildly broken) SD-14 dual-channel probe sampler 3 GHz (new) 012-1221-00 2m sampling head extender

Tektronix 475A Analogue Scope

Tektronix 2467 MCP CRT 350 MHz Analogue Scope

Tektronix P6201 FET probe barefoot (tested) Tektronix P6201 FET probe barefoot Tektronix P6201 FET probe barefoot Tektronix P6042 50 MHz current probe

Counters and Spectrum Analyzers

-------------------------------

HP 8568B Spectrum Analyzer, 100 Hz->1.5 GHz

HP 85662A IF/Display unit

HP 35665A dynamic signal analyzer (Options 1C1 (add 2MB memory) (1D4 Arbitrary function source)

1C2 (HP instrument BASIC)

HP 5315B Universal Counter

Signal Sources / Time & Frequency Generators

Systron-Donner Datapulse 101 pulser Highland P400 Digital delay generator

HP 3325A synthesizer Opt 01 (high stability)

HP 8640B ultraquiet phaselocked generator

HP 8620C Sweeper mainframe with HP 86222B 0.01-2.4 GHz plugin

Meters

-------

HP 400EL AC Voltmeter (10 MHz) HP 3400A true RMS AC voltmeter HP 3403A True RMS Voltmeter (100 MHz)

AVO Universal Avometer Model 16 Simpson Model 260 Series 3 multimeter Simpson Model 303 VTVM Fluke 87 handheld DMM STAD-KBHP Smart Tweezers LCR meter BK Precision 2809B 6600 count True RMS DVM Radio Shack $50 DVM

Keithley 191 5.5 digit DMM #1 Keithley 191 5.5 digit DMM #2

HP 339A Distortion Meter

Keithley 410 picoammeter

Power Supplies

--------------

MIT PMT-2000 HV power supply

Power Designs TP343A triple DC power supply Power Designs TP325 triple DC power supply Kepco ATE 150-1.5M 150V 1.5A power supply

HP 6110A 0-3kV, 6 mA precision power supply HP 6112A Precision 0-20V DC power supply HP 6116A Precision 0-100V DC power supply

Burleigh RC-43 Ramp Generator for RC-110 Fabry-Perot

Tektronix 1101 probe power supply

Amplifiers and Signal Conditioning

----------------------------------

Highland J750 Amplifier Highland T860 Buffer/Driver HP 08640-60506 Low Noise amp 20 Hz - 10 MHz Krohn-Hite 202R Dual Filter 20Hz-2MHz

Optical Test Equipment

----------------------

Mantis microscope with 4x & 8X objectives Blue Sky model 200 Collimeter Uniphase 1137P He-Ne (needs 1202 power supply, 2.3 kV, 6.0 mA) Melles Griot 05-LPL-370-065 power supply Melles Griot Power Supply 05-LPM-902-065 Melles Griot LGR192 2 mW green He-Ne tube Burleigh RC-110 Fabry-Perot Interferometer + mirrors for the red Thor Labs 7 GHz photoreceiver

3 x 4 foot Newport optical breadboard, Al Electrophysics 7290 Pb salt camera Test Monitor NTSC 3.5"TFT Burleigh WA-10 Wavemeter

Optomechanics

-------------

Manfrotto Magic Arm Manfrotto 035 Super Clamp

Interfacing and Control

----------------------- Advin Pilot U40 programmer

Prologix GPIB-Ethernet module

Furniture and Hardware

-----------------------

19-inch HP rack Vidmar 15-drawer cabinet Safco 5-drawer map cabinet, 30x48

5 pcs 2M GPIB cables Tektronix 200C scopemobile

Computers & Peripherals

----------------------- Brother MFC6490CW B-size inkjet all-in-one APC Black Smart-UPS 750 IBM 750T UPS

Tools

-----

Metcal MX500 soldering station + tips Wilton 6-inch bench vise

-------------- BROKEN ------------------

HP 3456A 6.5 digit DMM (broken) HP 8013B pulser (broken) Tektronix P6201 FET probe and case (broken) Tektronix 466 Analogue Storage Scope (broken) HP 85662A IF/Display unit broken

-------------- WANTS ------------------

Tools

-----

Metcal MX-PTZ-AD hot tweezers with stand PTTC-701B pair of conical tweezer cartridge PTTC-704 pair of 0.25 inch blade cartridge PTTC-707 pair of 1.10 inch blade cartridge

Hot air rework station

Sherline--small lathe/milling machine Small electric vacuum pump Small electric compressor

Spares

------ Epson SMD-300 disc drive for HP 35660A (?) TEAC 300D disc drives for HP 35665A Sony MP-F52W-20 disc drives for HP 4145B Volex (old Belden) 17952 8 B1 power cords for old HP instruments (hot and neutral inverted from IEC standard)

Oscilloscopes & Accessories

---------------------------

Tek TDS684B 1 GHz, 5 Gs/s, 4 channels simultaneously, colour LCD Opt 13 serial/parallel hardcopy port Opt 1F Floppy drive Opt 2F Advanced waveform math

Tek TDS694B 3 GHz, 10 Gs/s, 4 channels simultaneously, colour LCD Opt 13 serial/parallel hardcopy port Opt 1F Floppy drive Opt 2F Advanced waveform math

Tek 11801C sampling scope SD-46 20 GHz OE converter SD-48 30 GHz OE converter SD-24 20 GHz dual TDR head (spare) SD-32 50 GHz sampling head SD-51 20 GHz trigger head

1x 012-1220-00 1m sampling head extender

P6201 probe hardware: 013-0135-00 probe tip to hook 131-1302-00 ground clip

Counters and Spectrum Analyzers

-------------------------------

HP 8444A Opt 59 Tracking Generator for 8568B HP 5372A Modulation domain analyzer Option 040, jitter FFT

Meters

------

HP 435B analog power meter HP 8482B power meter head and cable (100 kHz HP 8484A diode power head and 11708A reference attenuator HP 11730A power head cable, 1.5 m HP 4470A transistor noise tester Fluke 8842A 5.5 digit DMM Keithley 2000 6.5 digit DMM HP 3456A 6.5 digit DMM

HP 4145B semiconductor parameter analyzer

Signal Sources / Time & Frequency Generators

HP 3325B or equivalent HP 8660D synth plus plugins HP 86601A 10 kHz - 110 MHz RF plugin HP 86603 1 MHz - 2.6 GHz RF plugin HP 8133A 3 GHz pulser (expensive--for when my ship comes in)

Highland Technology arbs Keithley picoamp source

Power Supplies

--------------

Furniture

---------

Lista or Vidmar two-pedestal workbench Workbench for Sherline

Amplifiers and Signal Conditioning

----------------------------------

Krohn-Hite 3905B/C 10-Channel Filter Mainframe Krohn-Hite plugins for 3905B/C (30A, 31A, 34A)

Optical

--------

Astrovid Stellacam III cooled CCD camera

Electrophysics 7215 IR viewer

100-mW single frequency green DP YAG

Lots of mounts

Optical spectrum analyzer

Optical power meter

Mirrors for Burleigh RC-110, 1300-1650 nm

Computers and Peripherals

-------------------------

1U 20-inch LCD/keyboard drawer

GbE router

Intel C++ and Fortran compilers

Firewall machine

NAS machine with mirroring NetGear ReadyNAS

B-size laser printer with Postscript, Ethernet and duplex--HP 5000, about $300-400 refurb

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

LOL If every tree would blow over or get struck by lightning there wouldn't be any trees left! Trees simply need maintenance like cutting away old branches and they need replacing after a few decades. And trees can be useful. I have a big tree in my front garden to block the sun in the summer in order to keep the house cool.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

ed

greed

T intersections? Why???

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

When we first moved to this house we had to take down a huge tree a year or two later that had been mortally wounded by the builders. It cost enough money that I got p*ssed off and, for a while, counted each tree as a four digit liability, not to mention the gooey crap that they drop on cars and tons of leaves every fall, and big branches that break and damage things during windstorms etc... but integrated over time it's really not that bad and it's really nice on a warm summer day to have leafy deciduous trees overhead with birds and cicadas chirping and buzzing away. I don't think I'd like living in a new development with just shrubs and saplings. Had to take a couple small ~6-8" trunk ones down last year (too close to the house), and trim some big branches that the $#($#$ racoons were using to get onto the roof, but I did that myself.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

All the qi will leak out.

More seriously, do you really want car headlights in your windows all the time, and perhaps visiting if they have a brake failure? As a kid I had a friend who lived at a T intersection where a concession road intersected with a more major road, and downhill from a quarry. The gravel trucks were often very poorly maintained in those days (regulation was nowhere near as strict as now) and after a few 'visits' by trucks with brake failures the town installed a rather substantial crash barrier that is still there)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I guess I didn't remember that area as well as I'd thought (it's been almost

20 years since we left NY). ;-)
Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Sat, 21 May 2011 07:54:57 -0400) it happened Spehro Pefhany wrote in :

LOL, Many years ago I lived in Amsterdam (Bijlmer) top floor. In the evening I had *plane* headlines shining into the kitchen every now and then, approach path to Schiphol airport.

I one day discussed with someone how much time it would take to leave the place if they came in too low, we concluded it was impossible to get away. I moved house, and a few years later an Israeli cargo 747 flew into one of the flats in that area. :-) Killed a lot of people, and same after symptoms for those people for depleted uranium (1) that burned as in the twin towers.

So, what is a few cars in your living room.... :-)

1) Used as counter weight in some aircraft.
Reply to
Jan Panteltje

agree=3D

e to

ttp:/=3D

Trees have a life-cycle, and getting blown over or struck by lightning is one of the ways that they depart this life. New saplings are growing up all the time to replace them - and removing unwanted saplings one of those it chores that tree-tenders have to attend to.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

9A is Saw Mill River Road, not to be confused with the Saw Mill Parkway. Pay attention, now. ;)

Seriously, in a place where all our roads are named after rivers, why are we always surprised when there's flooding?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
ElectroOptical Innovations
55 Orchard Rd
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

right

I'll possibly be in Huntington, Long Island, next month, but that's a nasty traffic drive to your place. ...Jim Thompson

right

Anywhere in Long Island is in the "you can't get there from here" category, at least at rush hour or on summer weekends.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
ElectroOptical Innovations
55 Orchard Rd
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

right

I'm not looking forward to it, driving myself :-(

Last time I was out there I had a chauffeur to take me to and fro ;-) ...Jim Thompson

And you get honked at if you aren't doing at least 85mph on the LIE. I saw a guy blow past a police cruiser at a lot more than that. Cop wasn't fussed by that at all and didn't speed up for the pursuit.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

On I10W just east of El Paso, where all those dips in the road are, I topped a rise and passed a TX highway patrolman at 120. He just smiled... knowing full-well that my heart had stopped ;-) ...Jim Thompson

If I never set foot on Lon-guyland again, it will be too soon!

John

right

almost

The airports are on Long Island too, so it isn't as bad as all that. Get a GPS with traffic info--it'll save your tail.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
ElectroOptical Innovations
55 Orchard Rd
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Thursday I was behind a motorcycle cop. License plate frame: "Smile - I could be behind you" :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I feel the same way about the entire state but I'll be driving through from I81 to VT in a few weeks.

Reply to
krw

right

The Saw Mill River Pkwy crosses the TSP a couple of miles south of there.

I always knew NY was a swamp. ;-)

Reply to
krw