CERN's black hole cannon not working right for a other 2 years

CERN's black hole cannon not working right for a other 2 years.

Will run only at half power until 2012. Not a much better search for the Higgs then the 7 years at 2 TeV that Fermilab already has.

LOL What a joke.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

milab already has.

3.5 TeV for two years may not be much better than 2 TeV for seven years, but it is still better than nothing, which is what the theortical physicists had when the super-conducting magnet blew up

The joke is your claim that Large Hadron Collider isn't working right. It is doing exactly what its operators want it to do, demonstrating that all the sub-systems are doing what they are supposed to when operating under a substantial proportion of the design load

It isn't doing what the theoritical phsycists would like it to do, which is to start working at its design energy right now, but happily the slow and cautious brigade have got their wish.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

On a sunny day (Fri, 5 Feb 2010 05:41:30 -0800 (PST)) it happened Bill Sloman wrote in :

Well if you designed a 100 W RMS amplifier, and it only delivered 50 W, and was payed such a large amount of money for it, it would be called fraud. Almost as much fraud as global heating. A politcal social project to keep the brain dead scientist, who never in all these years came closer to understanding gravity, fusion, or a better weapon, busy.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Jan Panteltje wrote: : CERN's black hole cannon not working right for a other 2 years.

After their cryogenic system failed, and after the incident of some bird having made its nest within the accelerator (causing a short circuit or something) I started hearing this theory: Discovery of the Higgs boson will turn out to facilitate time travel, and now the unverse is protecting causality. In other words, the accelerator will never work.

Regards, Mikko

Reply to
Okkim Atnarivik

man

nce

Fer=3D

ud.

But if you tested it by screwing the output straight up to 100W when you first turned it on, you'd be called an idiot.

The Large Hadron Collider is a little more complcated than a 100W amplifier, and the testing and tuning up takes correspondingly longer.

Since Global Warming is not the fraud, but rather the Exxon-Mobil propaganda which you choose to believe despite its obvious defects, that "almost" doesn't mean what you would like it to mean.

Your opinion - as a an obviously gullible sucker - is worth exactly as much a Jim Thompson's and Eeyore's, which is to say, very little. The dead brain involved is yours.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

A nice theory, but not original.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

On a sunny day (Fri, 5 Feb 2010 17:57:49 +0200 (EET)) it happened Okkim Atnarivik wrote in :

Yes I have heard that theory too, from a Nobel winner at that IIRC. Too many mathematicians and idiots in m yview.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Fermilab already has.

The real disaster is waiting to happen - no new physics at all even at full power. Can you imagine what the next request for an even more powerful and more expensive machine will sound like after that?

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Jan Panteltje seems to be well-placed to recognise the idiots. It is a pity he doesn't have the same hands-on familiarity with mathematics and science, but the daft ideas that he espouses must make it difficult for him to make sense of these subjects.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

On a sunny day (Fri, 5 Feb 2010 09:24:21 -0800 (PST)) it happened Bill Sloman wrote in :

Well I recognised you as a climate idiot!

1:0
Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Fermilab already has.

--
Then your contention is that the blow-up was planned?

JF
Reply to
John Fields

--
Especially if, after it got to 50 watts out, it blew up.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

--
Perhaps, then, the "end of time" scenario predicted for 2012 will come
about because of our dogged determination to make the machine work and

JF
Reply to
John Fields

--
So what?

None of your hydrophobic blather is original either, and yet you don't
seem to mind spewing it ad nauseam.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Fermilab already has.

--
Yup, something like:

"What we didn't know before and what we've found using this machine is
that we need an even more powerful and expensive machine to get to the
next level."

And then, after some initial grumbling, approval will be given to
continue on with the boondoggle.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

--
Well, he certainly seems to be able to easily pick you out of the
line-up of the usual suspects.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

nce

Fermilab already has.

No - that it was the kind of teething trouble that you often run into on large, complicated projects. Not an area you'd know much about.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

man

Actually, you recognised me as someone who hadn't fallen for the Exxon- Mobil propaganda that you reliably retail. Since you do happen to be intellectually restricted, you'd like to think that I'm an idiot because I don't agree with you, when in fact only another a gullible idiot could share your opinions.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

He'd like to think that I'm an idiot, in that same way that you'd like to think that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Pity about that. The universe is a cruel hard place, and your favourite illusions can't conceal the fact that you are both regretably under-educated.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Not a contention that you have actually proved, and not a contention that you would be equipped to prove if it happened to be correct (which it isn't).

You may know everything that there is to know about the 555 - except which modern devices do its job better - but you don't know much about anything else, as you frequently take pains to tell us.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman