Just got notice from the Post Office

If you'll remember my business with post office post, I ordered some boxes on 1-11-11, I got notice they where shipped today,

1-18-11. But no worry, they said "Your Postal Store order has been carefully packaged and shipped Priority Mail to your destination." I can hardly wait for Obamacare. Mikek
Reply to
amdx

On a sunny day (Tue, 18 Jan 2011 09:26:01 -0600) it happened "amdx" wrote in :

What is your problem? My shipment from the US to the Netherlands took only 30 days by air priority mail at a cost of 275 $. Then the Dutch post office took over (after customs) and did a value added tax over the goods PLUS the shipping cost, and I had to pay again.

Other stuff that was shipped from the US on December 20 2010 is still not even here, and I have had no notice, and no track and trace info.

If you ever get sick and need Osama's care, you will be cured post-mortem. That industry is also just about selling, they probably will not cure you anyways, but give a a life subscription (for however short that may make your life) of their most expensive drugs, the wrong ones likely. And probably you will have no right to a second opinion.

So what is new? Absolutely nothing.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Just an observation, in this day of instant communication and overnight delivery, it took 7 days to get my instant email processed and put a box in the mail. I order a wifi adapter from China, at 29 days I emailed them and said what's up, I got it the next day. Obviously unrelated to my email. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I'm not so sure. I find people often inquire about packages sent by mail a day or two before they receive them. I've taken to delaying outgoing notification on occasion. ;-) They get it just as fast, but feel better about it, at the expense of a bit of logistics (in many cases these days the notification can precede the actual physical shipment by more than a business day (B/L number is assigned just after cutoff time, and physical shipment takes place later on the next business day)

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

On a sunny day (Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:26:09 -0600) it happened "amdx" wrote in :

Now the good part. I ordered 3 surplus power supplies 20 A adjustable from 6 to 8.8 V last Friday. I payed via pypl, those arrived this afternoon. I wired them up, and now running. I payed 7 Euro 50 for each supply, say 10$, and about 4 Euro for shipping. These are nice, nice high quality screw terminals, good construction, no fan, separate ground, easy to service (2 had a the power LED cut off and replaced by some wire, probably for remote signalling, I soldered back some LEDs). made in Taiwan, mind you.

3 in series makes 26.5 V for my cryocooler, 2 in series makes 13.5 V for my CB transmitter. I found the same ones on line for 35 Euro a piece new. Transistors do not wear out.

I have some superconductors on order from the east of Europe, should be here this week or early next week,

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

ged

I'm doing two days coast to coast with USPS priority mail. Better than UPS for less money.

I wish we had Obama care rather than these private insurance companies.

Reply to
miso

I'm doing two days coast to coast with USPS priority mail. Better than UPS for less money.

I wish we had Obama care rather than these private insurance companies.

Ya, Obamacare is free! Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Uh, no, Obamacare isn't free. My I suggest less Glenn Buck/Sean Insanity and more Rachel Maddow and Keith Olberman.

Reply to
miso

Sorry, definitely NOT free. The next trillion dollars of play money they print is recover expenses for the next few daze..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Ya, my comment was tongue in cheek, I'm glad miso knows it is not free, that's a start. I see it as another government program that cannot be sustained, like SS, medicare, and many of the pension plans. Mikek

Reply to
amdx