OT: Italy Boycotts Pasta!!! =:-O

Apparently, they're protesting the cost of pasta caused by the mad frenzy to grow subsidized ethanol feedstocks:

Just one more "benefit" brought to you by Algore and the warmingists.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

I thought it was Thompson's Neocrims handing out guberment money to big indusrty to start the failed ethanol revolution, so taking food from people's tables to feed your inefficient SUX9000 toys

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

More like a benefit brought to you by ADM and corporate welfare - and to some extent climate change since the drought has all but stopped corn, cotton, soy, in the Southeast.

Every aim or perceived need by government has its corporate shills waiting for a big serving of pork.

Newsgroups
default

"Richard The Dreaded Libertarian" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@example.net...

Oh Yess, Baby! The cost of basic food goes straight into the inflation figures - which for the last decade or so have been deceptively low due to the massive fall in the price of "imported (i.e. Chinese) consumer goods". Wee, the 1970's are back!

Inflation will rocket up, interest rates will follow rapidly due to ECB policy and *I* stand to make a bomb for being short a large pile of 4%,

2048* which I refinanced my house with in 2005.

Bwahahahahahaha: Gopherment goes a-hunting for taxes and porker-votes and comes home with it's own arse in the bag ;-)

*Having lots of debt, basically (now about to become worthless)!
Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen