OT: Is LinkedIn actually good for anything?

[snip]

Yup. My real surname should be MacTavish. But there was so much animosity by Brits toward Scots in Virginia in 1607 that they changed the name to Thompson (a subclan name). ...Jim Thompson

--
                  [On the Road, in New York]

I don't know what you guys are doing but they've never asked me to share an address book. Not once. And of course nobody will ever convince me to do that.

And how can they get that address list from the provider? With mine there'd only be whatever the've got on their server as email logs, if any. AFAIK they are only allowed to hand it over upon a court order.

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

"Larry King" Maens LarKin == Kin of Lawrence (Larry).

You just agreed with me.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

You can do about as well in Toronto, without the fingerprinting and cavity searches. Lots of Koreans in Toronto. Plus, people not only spell most words correctly, but don't have any accent whatsoever.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

--
Eh? ;)
Reply to

Now, aboot the hoose salad ... :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

"The Irish Larkin is an anglicization of the Gaelic Lorcan, a personal name meaning "rough" or "fierce." "

I'm Irish.

You're Wrong.

John

Lawrence H. Zeiger ?

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

What on earth are you on aboat?

--

John Devereux
Reply to

You must be wrong considering the only thing you have ever done fiercely is be a pussy.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

Noah's time was a long time ago.

We could get that much water though.

We should start storing polar freshwater.

Keep the oceans from rising so much.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

Since Noah's flood story may well have been based on rapid flooding of the Black Sea, it may not be a good indicator of potential sea-level rise.

Anything to prevent it ending up at the northern end of the Gulf stream. The last time a large chunk of ice sheet ended up in the North Atlantic it seems to have managed to turn off the Gulf Stream for 1300 years.

If Greenland has a reservoir of fresh water comparable in volume to Lake Agassiz, we haven't found it yet, but the Laurentian ice sheet seems to have slid off into the ocean at the end of the last ice, rather than taking a few thousand years to melt in situ, and if the Greenland ice has similar perpatetic tendencies it would be nice to know about them before the ice started moving.

It would need to be a large reservoir. If Greenlands icy mountains slid off into the sea, the sea level would rise by about six metres.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

No, you just missed the whole point. There is no way of telling whether a surname is still spelled like the original one. This is why it is very challenging to make a family tree that predates 1800.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel