Is Rigol Good ?

Hello,

Somebody recommended a Rigol mixed signal oscilloscope. I checked the Rigol website. Do you know anything about this company, these scopes? Thanks.

T.I.

Reply to
Talal Itani

Thanks.http://www.rigolna.com/products_oscilloscopes.aspx

They are not bad. Actually I find them to be good value for the money. email them, they will gladly send you a demo unit.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Talal You are running around like a headless chook! Do you even *know* the budget your company has set for you to buy this oscilloscope/logic analyser? You *need* to know that, so find out and then tell us so we can help you.

You said your boss asked you to buy this scope. Does he/she have *any* idea of the specs required, or are you free to suggest something yourself ?

Yes, Rigol are pretty good as far as a low end Chinese designed and made scope goes. Agilent rebadge them under their own brand name (3000 series), so they must be pretty confident in the design and manufacture quality plus the firmware stability.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Yes, I am running like a headless chook, untill I know what we need, what is out there, what our budget is. So, it is ok to ask all sorts of questions, even before knowing what we really need.

Are Rigol much cheaper than the brand names?

Reply to
Talal Itani

[snip]

Talal,

Are you doing any research on your own or are you just being lazy? You're not going to get much help if you just post whatever comes into your head.

Bob

--
== NOTE: I automatically delete all Google Group posts due to uncontrolled
SPAM ==

Well, my friend, sure, I can find the information elsewhere, on google, in the library, at work. Yet I love to post messages and hear from experts, and most are eager to help. So, why not!

Reply to
Talal Itani

Fair enough, I know what it's like not being able to get management to commit to anything! I've lot count of the number of times they agree "we need one of these" and then I get a quote and they say there is no budget for it. Management will happily blow $100,000 on some production jig, but won't fork out for a $50 multimeter.

In this case its often best to shoot for low price, you stand a better chance of at least getting something for your lab!

Yes. Rigol and Instek(Goodwill) are the two big "cheap professional" brands. You get a lot of value for your dollar with those brands. Shop around too, prices vary. Use Froogle

to find comparative prices.

The exact same Rigol scope is more expensive when you buy it from Agilent.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

One short cut for finding information from different manufacturers of logic analyzers and storage scopes is Ebay. Enter a phrase like logic analyzer in the search field. You will then get a lot of hits and a surprising amount of information about each product offered.

Howaard

Reply to
hrh1818

you.

idea

series),

plus

Hi Dave,

Do you know what's the Rigol model Agilent is selling as its own? I'd lik to know if I could rely on Agilent's 3000 model support files (firmware an stuff) after I've bought the equivalent Rigol model.

Cheers...

Reply to
zarabolas