OT: Inflation in the US

I remember some US regulars here making fun of inflation in the EU just weeks ago.

I wonder, what is your opinion now?

TheM

Hope they bought gold. I did.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

European inflation is still just as funny.

John

Under plans for one world government, why should anyone be surprised?

JS

Reply to
John Smith

I bought Euros.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Enough doom and gloom around it might be time soon to snap up some US real estate.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I've wondered about that, is the hassle worth it? I mean the paperwork and POAs must be hell.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

There is a hassle on sale.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

What's a "POA"?

I recommend against moving to Arizona... real estate prices have turned right around... and it's so HOT that they don't talk about hell freezing over, just Arizona ;-)

And the aborigines still roast Canadians, Easterners and Europeons over a slow fire... I think they call it barbecue ;-)

...Jim Thompson

And we have bumper stickers on the trucks that read "Stomp out flatlanders" ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I always liked the one that said, "Save a Tree, Eat a Bush" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Silver bullets are a better hedge. They are worth the silver content if the economy turns around, and can be traded around a campfire if it doesn't.

Reply to
default

"Globalcorp" has been leading the EU down the primrose path by the nose - while they point to us and think they are in a position to crow.

Have no fear congress is putting together a recession stopping package right now. Looks like K street is lining up for the orgy of spending. Another boondoggle is bearing fruit - the infrastructure rebuilding plan complete with massive fuel, ticket, taxes and Interstate tolls.

Thank god the conservatives are running the show.

Reply to
default

Although I see a mess of republi-crats and demo-cons, I see NO conservatives at all ...

Ten percent of my wages would be an ok tax (with another 10% invested in SSI for old age--20% TOTAL), 38% on up is not ...

JS

Reply to
John Smith

In my prior job with the state they took out a mandatory 8.75% for the retirement fund. Up to that point I'd always thought 4 to 5% was a bit of a big bite but now I'd have no problem dropping 10% into a retirement account.

The problem with the United States Tax Code is that it has so many loopholes and is invariably more lenient toward corporations rather than individuals.

Exactly. I think the 10% is almost mandatory, for retirement, as inflation is something strongly condoned by the powers which be; This makes it difficult to come up with any real figure which is satisfactory, sufficient and can be "counted on."

The present system is based on "holding the carrot before the horse", the promise is always there for a better tomorrow; However, in reality, the actual scenario is one of stealing from the old to finance the wages for the new serf workers.

I used to find it easy to access data on the avg. wage for Americans. I was surprised to find it was TOO near minimum wage! With 1/3 of 1% of the population earning 1/2 of all wages! The remaining half was spread over the middle class to the "bottom class." I have great difficulty in even finding such data today--based on usable data, which presents a clear picture.

Strangely enough, the 1/3 of 1% tended to pay NO taxes! I have always hoped a system would be implemented where the more you earn--the more you pay to the system which is favoring your success ...

However, we widely digress from the subject(s) of this newsgroup--I must drop this side-path ... it just peeves me I have lost 1/3 in the value of the home I paid WAY too much for to begin with! My retirement has been put on hold for a few more years ...

Warmest regards, JS

Reply to
John Smith

So, you put all your present and future money on the housing bubble, and lost the gamble when the bubble burst?

Poor baby.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Oh gawd, just when I said "never!" (and my dad always said, "NEVER say never!":

I wonder if the guy wonders why he EVER paid taxes?

Regards, JS

Reply to
John Smith

'Yanno? It is times like that I imagine the validity of IEDs', machine guns, hanging of politicians, judges, doctors, etc. But then, I have a weak stomach and like the cr*p cleaned up so I don't have to look at it! Ain't that what I payin' those dump as door nails "public servants" to do?

Maybe we need an up-graded model of public servant which can understand this?

Regards, JS

Reply to
John Smith

Drop all forms of corporate lobbying (which might more properly be called bribery).

Take the media away from the rich moguls and give the airwaves back to the people. Reinstate much more restrictive media ownership rules.

Reduce corporations to businesses without the rights of individuals - separate corporate courts and rules determined and upheld by voters.

Regulate all advertising and propaganda.

Put a bounty on current and future politicians in office for more than two terms or four years.

Hold "lawmakers" to a higher standard than the rest of the population.

Send "white collar" criminals to ordinary penitentiaries instead of Club Fed type prisons.

Take away all pension, privileges and retirement benefits from criminally convicted public employees and politicians.

Ditch the Federal Reserve and tie the currency to a commodity index.

Revamp the SEC - revamp all the alphabet agencies . . .

Make lying by politicians and public employees a capital offence.

Tie CEO salary and bonuses to the company stock price ten-fifteen years down the road.

All caucuses held on one day - all officials elected by popular vote

- no electoral college.

No electronic voting without a paper back up.

No redistricting by politicians or political party.

A popular referendum on all laws and all elected officials - they only serve at the pleasure of the people. Ditto cabinet level appointees.

All elected officials must divest themselves of all property over a fixed value before taking office.

Raise elected salaries for people without the wealth to "serve"

A fair and simple tax system that has all segments of the population paying the same tax percentage.

Global corporations must pay tax on the revenue acquired in the US.

More power to states and more power from states to communities. The federal government is there to regulate the borders and as a court of very last resort.

If water boarding is OK - let's water board lying scum sucking politicians.

OK it isn't perfect but it is a start.

Reply to
default