OT: F**k Apple

Europeons should opt out of discussions regarding the USA and its Constitution. You have no say in the matter... and have already proved your pansy-ness TWICE with regards to the Germans. Get lost! ...Jim Thompson

It doesn't get any more retarded than Jim Thompson.

The German war machine at the time was fairly formidable and a pussified f*ck like you would have shit your pants on a daily basis.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

hoo.com:

t orders it),

til the court

s with

d that

other

or

The US constitution is to a modern constitution what MS-DOS is to a modern operating system.

The kinds of clowns that think otherwise also think that the US played a de cisive role in winning WW1 and WW2.

The Germans had already been beaten in 1917 when the US entered WW1. The US intervention in WW2 was more substantial, but the Russians would almost ce rtainly have beaten the Germans on their own if the US had sat on it's hand s, and the main reason it didn't was that Russia would have ended up domina ting all of continental Europe if the US had not joined the alliance.

Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson is performing at his usual abysmal l evel. He knows stuff about electronics, but outside of that he's the same r edneck clown that went off to MIT in 1956, and failed to learn anything the re outside of electronics.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I don't really know much about how security is incorporated into an OS, but I wonder how hard it is for a third party to write a hack that does what the FBI wants.

I agree asking Apple to build a version of the OS has potential to be considered an "excessive burden", but I think the bigger issue is the unreasonable risk to Apple of damage to their "good will" ect. *That* would be an excessive burden in my opinion.

--

Rick
Reply to

Septice with blunt axes to grind should do it elsewhere, if they don't want it given international attention.

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

Amazing! I can't remember the last time I heard someone of intelligence pull out the "we won the war for you" line. I don't think our involvement in either war was altruistic and I'm sure we were neither the sole or even dominant factor in the victory. I seem to recall the main factors in the second world war were the British contributions not the least of which were radar and a computer to help crack the German enigma code machine.

--

Rick
Reply to

and those small matters like an army, airforce and navy etc. All played their part, and aiui it was a close thing.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Very. Take a look at the sums on how long to crack a 256bit AES key. Fundamental particles will have decayed long before the present generation of supercomputers even get close to breaking it.

Apple requires signed firmware and unless you have Apple sign it the hacked code will not run on the iPhone platform.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

:

yahoo.com:

ey

of

urt orders it),

until the court

ces with

and that

r other

ow

ds

r or

le

n operating system.

decisive role in winning WW1 and WW2.

US intervention in WW2 was more substantial, but the Russians would almost certainly have beaten the Germans on their own if the US had sat on it's ha nds, and the main reason it didn't was that Russia would have ended up domi nating all of continental Europe if the US had not joined the alliance.

level. He knows stuff about electronics, but outside of that he's the same redneck clown that went off to MIT in 1956, and failed to learn anything t here outside of electronics.

He's a product of the era of the demagogues, drug addicts and psychotics in political leadership, so what do expect?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Actually all the hype about the German war machine was a crock, they really didn't have much at all, all they had were tactics, and once the blitz was knocked out of their krieg, they came to a grinding halt. The allies had t o overplay German capability to justify suffering huge casualties and defea ts.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

why...

the govt isn't asking Apple to crack the encryption.

the govt is asking Apple for help getting the password for the phone.

I would have guessed that wasn't so difficult for the likes of NSA without anyones help.

Mark

Reply to
makolber

Wouldn't have happened in the first place if there had been a non-pansy response. Obama has placed us in multiple pansy responses, thinned our armed forces... so we're next. ...Jim Thompson

**** They have ten tries at the password before the system erases itself completely.... The password has 4 digits --- A CRAY can try all ten thousand combinations in a millisecond or less.. ..... but there are only ten tries.. THAT is the problem
Reply to
MikeJones

If they could crack the encryption, they wouldn't need the passkey.

--

Rick
Reply to

unreal

Have you not even read this very thread, idiot!?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Fuck the FBI and the NSA. It isn't Apple's job to do their work or to compromise a product for them. Our rights aren't trumped by the government just because they want to go trawling.

Reply to
WangoTango

Thompson is a pussy.

Mouthing off like you are all bully bully is not the same as serving, asshole. You have no business calling anyone a pansy, and you are almost as bad as Donald Trump.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

no they can't crack the encryption, I'm saying they can probably crack the password without help.

Two diffeent things.

Reply to
makolber

Last time I checked, Germans were Europeans...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

And that is _all_ the FBI is requesting... disable the auto-erase on _this_one_phone_.

Read the brief...

...Jim Thompson