Spaceship Apple

It works out to almost $1800 per square foot.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom laser drivers and controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation

"John Larkin"

** Be really cool if the whole thing slowly rotated.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Paint the top of the building different colors and have it spin when they haven't made any big product announcements in a while.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

** Any building needs AC power, communications and plumbing.

The first two are easy enough but the third might be more difficult.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Like the restaurant at the top of the Space Needle. I ate there once. It was disorienting.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

The Stratosphere has a restaurant in the tower as well. I wouldn't call it disorienting, but they keep everything dark so you can see out the windows. Be careful with that steak knife.

Regarding Jobs, this is know in the valley as the "edifice complex."

Whenever a company builds a "cool" building, it immediately goes to shit.

Reply to
miso

At 13% interest, about the price of prime office space in Hong Kong or London.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Only when it's turning toward the west.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Prime office space in downtown San Francisco, or a small glitzy condo, might go for $700/sf.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

How can that be disorienting? I doubt its moving at light speed... In Berlin they also have a rotating restaurant in a tower. Much to my surprise the prices where very reasonable. OTOH: order some fries and a drink in the Eiffel tower if you want to get rid of your money fast.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Or $40 for a small cognac.

In the Space Needle, if you rested your elbow on the window ledge, your arm would slowly slide out from under you. And all the interior stuff, where the waiters worked and such, kept moving relative to our table. Only a thin ring, with the tables on it, rotates.

Cheap gimmick.

Good food is very affordable in San Francisco. Entrees like Thai twice-cooked duck or flat noodles with chicken are around $7, with portions often big enough to take some home. Something serious and French or Italian might be $15. Better food and half the price of stuff in LA.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

In the EU Germany is the place to go for good food for small prices. I always check the bill twice to see if they didn't forget to bill something because the amount always seems so low. Same in the Czech Republic but that is a bit far...

A few times per year I visit a mid sized city in the north of France. I still have not been able to find a good restaurant over there. Its starting to get frustrating! There are dozens of restaurants but they all serve the same crappy meals.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

enough

Better

My vote is for Tuscany, eg. Arezzo or Emilia-Romagna, but it's hard to go far wrong in Italy. Only in Rome have I been disappointed.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

P.S. Last time in Dresden I discovered horse meat in my dinner!

Not really a problem, since that's exactly what I ordered, but still...

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

As a Roman citizen I agree. Avoid the center at any cost, just go to any town in the area named Castelli Romani (not far away from the Pope residence), for example Ariccia, to enjoy really tasty food at reasonable prices (25-30 Euros the entire meal).

Reply to
asdf

was

enough

Better

Lille? I had that problem there a few years back. Smaller places like Arras are great.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Like the song says, Filly filet, woo oo ooh, gotta go now....

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Better yet...convert it to a national accelerator, like the one abandoned in Battavia.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Per person or per family?

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Per person but they serve a lot of stuff. You likely won't be able to finish all the different food being served unless you eat a lot.

Reply to
asdf