Connecting Raspberry Pi to Apple iigs

Hi,
I recently purchased a Raspberry Pi model B. I would like to connect this
unit to my Apple 2gs (rom 3) and run emulation and communicate from the pi.
What cable hardware would I need to accomplish this?. I do have a custom
null modem cable and a serial to usb connector, Is this all I need to get
it all working or is there something else I would need?. How about software
to make the A2gs ad pi communicate? Finally, would a 1gb SD card be
suitable to just boot the pi, and communicate with the A2gs? Any help would
be appreciated on this. (Sorry if this question has been raised before).
Reply to
Rooted
that sounds sufficient.
terminal software for the apple, and configure a getty to run on the usb serial port. (do this in /etc/inittab) lszrz on the pi for file transfers
generally 2G is the minumum reccomended, using a 2g card it's probably posible to remove packages until it fits on 1GB, but the difference in price is like $1, so why bother.
--
?? 100% natural
Reply to

In summary: this is an Apple II expansion card that mounts the RPi inside the Apple II. Communication is via the serial port on the RPi.
Reply to
Raymond Wiker
I have been playing with a BETA version of the A2Pi for several weeks now and it has been a real learning experience for me (Being a complete Linux NOOB). No serial wires/cables to hook up, just plug in and play. There is also Ivan's A2server and A2cloud :
Reply to
littlejohn918
Minor nitpick, the package name is lrzsz. If there's a Kermit program for the IIgs you can also use ckermit or gkermit on the Pi.
Reply to
Jon Lane