Apple iOS6 Disaster?

I was having a few problems with a new iPAD and an iOS6 firmware upgrade.

I found it is it is not just the maps, it seems to have some other very serious issues.

After a little research I found a discussion thread below on Apple that talks about the slowness and corrective action. This slowness on iOS 6 is a common problem, not just with some apps but with everything. This is an Apple problem. There are ways it seems to correct it but they involve doing a backup and a full restore. Here is a thread that discusses the problem:

Google "iOS6 disaster" for plenty of user feed back on this. Only comments from Apple are on maps, not the other issues.

These iOS6 problems cover iPHONEs, iPODs, and iPADs.

Just wondering if others are finding these types of problems.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Web's best price on Olinuxino Linux PC:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

issues.

about the slowness and corrective action.

everything. This is an Apple problem. There

restore. Here is a

Apple are on maps, not the other issues.

You're a bit late to the party?

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

serious issues.

about the slowness and corrective action.

everything. This is an Apple problem. There

restore. Here is a

from Apple are on maps, not the other issues.

I take it you knew about the "other issues" then Grant, not just the maps, which is all the CEO of Apple made the apology for?

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Web's best price on Olinuxino Linux PC:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

serious issues.

talks about the slowness and corrective action.

everything. This is an Apple problem. There

restore. Here is a

from Apple are on maps, not the other issues.

which is all the CEO of Apple made the

That's the obvious stuffup, the one I met first was broken auto backlight :(

Maps not so bad as obvious fix for that and missing youtube is to use google, I run their Chrome browser as well.

On the bright side, all my apps and data survived the upgrade, unlike 30+ years of ms windows inability to update cleanly.

The disaster is that apple lost their quality control. Apple users pay a premium for quality that was not delivered.

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

I run their Chrome browser as well.

years of ms windows inability to update cleanly.

premium for quality that was not delivered.

Sure Grant, The reason I got involved was because I had some apps not working at all.

There are heaps of reports about serious WiFi problems and possibly fixes. Here is just one:

Under the heading "More like this" on the right hand side nav list, you will find some more.

Don...