OT: Cop Kills Another Black Man

I'm starting to see a pattern here. Why do these people feel they have to resist arrest? WTF will that achieve? It only increases the odds of a bad outcome. Surely any fool can see that? Go quietly and sort out your issues down at the precinct FFS. Sort out, walk out, survive. I like that mantra. They should use it!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

It is called the Getto lottory.

You or most likely your family gets to sue the city. Didn't that last one's family get something like 24 million dollars ?

I still say the cop should tell you that you are under arrest and to put your hands behind your back. Any resistance and he just shoots you. Solves all the problems.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Cursitor Doom wrote: ==================

** A rational person would, but that is not the case here.

** See this definition of panic:

" Panic is a sudden sensation of fear, which is so strong as to dominate or prevent reason and logical thinking, replacing it with overwhelming feelings of anxiety and frantic agitation consistent with an animalistic fight-or-flight reaction."

Everything points at the black driver experiencing the above. The police *must act* to stop drivers leaving while in such a state of mind. If one manages to drive off, they must pursue and stop them. The driver knows this too, but it only ups their fear level.

We know the outcome is never good - crashed vehicles resulting in injured or killed people and sometimes shootouts.

Strange fact, the most dangerous job the police do is registration checks on the road side.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Even simpler if he just shoots you if he expects you might resist in any way.

It is so easy for people to pontificate when they never expect to be in the situation where they fear for their lives. You can rationalize it all away because you have no fear of being shot or beaten. Good for you.

I also have little fear of being shot or beaten by a police officer, but I can understand the problem. Good for me.

Reply to
Rick C

Cue a "mostly peaceful looting and murder spree" - as CNN would describe it - by BLM.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Wouldn't believe the number of times this girl I used to know in my 20s got caught having drugs and up to various mischief and the police just let her go because she was white and a looker. We used to call her the "No-Time Dime"...too cute for jail I guess...

Reply to
bitrex

Ever think about how never breaking a law in your life is somewhat contradictory to being taken seriously as a "bad ass"?

You should be practicing tearing those mattress tags that say "do not remove" off in the store to up your hard-man cred a lil bit.

Reply to
bitrex

My New England ancestors went on a peaceful looting and murder spree they all have flags by their graves, now...

Reply to
bitrex

I'm afraid you'll have to expand on that as I don't really know what you're referring to by this statement.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

LOL. You can be quite amusing when you want to be, bitrex. :)

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Who knows what qualifications the police in MN are using for traffic stops these days. In many states the DMVs were effectively closed for months, there are thousands of cars driving around with expired tags and plates, in New England everyone is driving around like a libertarian high on crack cocaine. I mean more so than usual. Or expressed in the local patois:

bitrex

Couple of my great-grandfathers of historical note, though neither of them were from New England in this case, my ancestors who were living in NE at the time and participated in the Revolution are more obscure and you won't find their histories on the Internet.

"John bandaged up his hand and raced back to his unit. He and several other colonists rode after Cunningham and his men. When they caught up with them (about 11 men), they hanged all of them and then buried their bodies in a mass grave."

Oof. Grandad gave the Brits a rough day, if the story is accurate.

"Bloody Bill" Cunningham was a notorious and murderous loyalist who regularly targeted civilians, but seemed to have escaped justice that day. Shame.

"John was well-known for his clever wit and for his practical jokes."

It seems to run in the family.

"Remember me as you pass by, as you are now so once was I, As I am now so you must be, so prepare for death and follow me"

Reply to
bitrex

But how does the above relate to the situation with the enforcement arm of our oh-so-just-and-noble State as it is in present times. It is known that the police were setting up their barricades and tear gas and rubber bullets and various weaponry some time _prior_ to the footage of the shooting incident being released to the public.

That is to say the enforcement arm was prepping for a fight _before_ they even deigned to allow the proles to be aware of what was on the recording. "Peaceful redress of grievances", indeed...

Reply to
bitrex

Wright? He didn't seem very rational.

jlarkin

Phil Allison did expand on this point.

"** See this definition of panic:

" Panic is a sudden sensation of fear, which is so strong as to dominate or prevent reason and logical thinking, replacing it with overwhelming feelings of anxiety and frantic agitation consistent with an animalistic fight-or-flight reaction."

John Larkin managed to snip this, without marking the snip. This does shift the discussion towards the kind of "blame the victim" narrative that John Larkin and Breitbart prefer.

But Breitbart isn't all that reliable either. Wright doesn't seem to have been any kind of model citizen, but shooting him wasn't a good or necessary outcome. It does seem to have a lot of human error in it, but the US police do seem to make rather more errors than they should.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

There isn't any "US police", there are hundreds of different departments that operate mostly independently of each other and all have their own standards and policies. Even Amtrak has their own police force. The national parks have their own police force. Etc.

This ain't Canada.

Reply to
bitrex

So it's not that uncommon for one police force to come into conflict with another one and almost escalate to an armed standoff:

bitrex

Officer on the left would have taken the man on the right down to the pavement for doing that, if it had been anyone but another police officer:

bitrex

This guy crawled too fast:

Summary execution for him

Reply to
bitrex

He was shot by a woman cop who doesn't know the difference between a taser and a handgun.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs