OT: CalExit

Quite right too. Then continue the split so that all city-states, and rural counties go their own way too.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Nice snipping.

I'll accept that as "zero."

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The problem with the Left is

They want to control everything

and

They hardly understand anything.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

It is still an incredibly beautiful place. Just step around the leftist loonies. Actually, most of my neighbors and co-workers are great and sensible people. And there are lots of wonderful women here.

Well, I still enjoy it, and we build kick-ass electronics here.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

What, you mean like the Fed did for Obama?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

People do create wealth. Then governments destroy it.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I'm not convinced. I drove through Oakland once and it just looked like one gigantic tyre yard fire. And no one was having a barbeque at the time.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

San Fransicko, once a beautiful town and a great place to vacation, now, due to excessive leftism, has bums urinating on the sidewalks without any chance of retribution.

Years ago I was attending a convention in downtown San Fransicko. The hippies turned out in force creating a great disturbance. Gov Reagan sent in the CHiPs in squads resembling a military attack... scooping up the assholes and tossing them into paddy wagons... it was a beautiful sight to watch >:-}

But, now, Gov MoonBeam Brown would probably assist the hippies and order the police to stand down. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Huh, so the liberals you know are OK, It's the rest of us who hardly understand anything.

Sorry, every cruel word hurts. Liberals are just as cruel, so I'll give you that. And sure It's the new normal to call names.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Well, stay away from Oakland. And Detroit. And most of New Jersey.

San Francisco is a beautiful city. It has all the city stuff, but it has beaches, trails, cliffs, and lakes. I live two blocks from a real canyon, with a stream and rocks and hawks and coyotes.

And three blocks from a very good French restaurant. I can live with a few leftist loonies with Bernie bumper stickers.

Marin County, gold country, Tahoe, Yosemite, Big Sur, all those are extraordinary. I grew up in New Orleans, a giant steamy soggy mud flat with roaches and mosquitoes. We don't have roaches or mosquitoes. Or air conditioning.

Actually, the Oakland Hills are beautiful too.

Just stay out of the flats.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Well, don't go to downtown San Francisco. We don't.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Well, most of the people that I hang out with have real jobs. You know, productive types. I almost always get along with people who are genuinely productive.

I'm probably, technically, a liberal. But I'm not a leftist. I don't presume to make rules for other people to live by, or pretend that I understand everything and can run everything.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

s/Left/Right/ and that statement is equally valid.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Sure, you know I've never meet anyone who didn't want to have a "good job" and feel like they were productive. Does liberal mean lazy? (Hmm I do drive through some "bad" parts of Buffalo to get to work, black men with no job leaving the quicky mart with a bottle in a bag. I don't really know these men, so I'm only guessing. I'm guessing most would be happier with a nice job. That's only my guess.

To me, I'm driving through a wasted resource. Why is this resource wasted? (And now DT is kicking out working immigrants, perhaps that's what's causing this rant, the one way I see to grow out of our debt is more workers not less And that's impossible for the R's because ~2/3rd will start out as D's.) And it's only a short term solution, IMHO.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

he said that he ?did not have communications with the Russians? ?? when he had talked to their US ambassador.

I have been remiss in the past of not checking sources carefully, so I listened to testimony in the video clip above and have prepared a transcript that I think it pretty accurate of the question and the answer as shown:

Senator Al Franken: "If there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign

communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign what will you do?"

Senator Jeff Sessions: "Senator Franken, I?m not aware of any of, uh, those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn? ?t have - not have communications with the Russians, um, and I?m una ble to comment on it.?

As far as I can tell, based on that response, he used a double negative.

So, it seems, that he actually admitted it. He did not answer the question asked as far as that clip covered. Perhaps he did later?

The next clip is where he confirms that he met with the Russian ambassador and thus must recurse himself from the investigation.

Senator Jeff Sessions: "Those(The?) recommendations are right and just, therefore I have recused myself, uh, in the matters, uh, that deal with the Trump campaign ."

Thus he admitted publicly that he misled congress on his communicating with the Russian government during the Trump campaign.

Sigh. What is this discussion about? What part is not obvious?

*********

Back to the OT topic - California has the largest gross domestic produce

of any US state. How on earth would its separation from the USA be a good thing? Have you forgotten the military bases there, and seaports? What about Hollywood that makes all those blow-em-up-real-good movies you conservatives (and we liberals) love?

(GSP)

Better to have Arizona declare independence. I'm not sure anyone else in

the USA would miss it, and the Canadian snow birds would keep its economy going. We like warm places to winter over.

If they then joined Canada they would adopt the Looney (Canadian $1 coin) as their currency! They would get free health care, good education

standards, and a nice place to visit in the summer when it gets a bit warm. They would probably be considered a have-not province based on their average income so the feds would subsidize some of their state expenses - medicare, education, etc.

Mind you they would have to disarm a bit first. The murder rate in Canada is a tenth of the US. We don't feel the need to be armed to the teeth to go to the supermarket is in the best interest of the public.

Just sayin'

John

Reply to
John Robertson

Why would anybody put me in charge of the communal purse strings?

Much better to import someone from Germany or Scandinavia where they seem to have mastered the art of making the most cost-effective use of tax-payers' money.

The US and the UK don't collect enough money in the first case, so their spending is more driven by crisis management to minimise voter outrage from one disaster to the next.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Negative. He's on welfare.

Reply to
krw

??? Where have you been?

Reply to
krw

Bunch of perpetually broke-ass beggars.

Reply to
bitrex

The deep irony is that guys of your fashion would last all of 5 minutes if you were by some unlucky circumstance dropped into the kind of feudal Middle Ages-type "society" that you seem to think you'd be big-time in.

Reply to
bitrex