OT: CalExit

Exactly. Conservatives want to earn and spend _their_own_money_.

Or save it.

lunatic fringe electronics

At some level one does have to admire that fashion of sociopathic pure atavism and machine-like self-interest. For its "purity."

It gets frightening, though, when one realizes that the people you read about in big politics and big business who hold beliefs like that have minds that likely hold more in common with a sophisticated AI computer program than a human. I'm sure if I had the chance to live inside a brain like that for a day I'd find it an utterly alien place.

Reply to
bitrex

I'm fairly convinced Peter Thiel is a cyborg, for example. Or at least very much wants to be one.

Reply to
bitrex

Assigning part of the national debt to ca is problem 1. Problem 2 is how do you divide out social security pensions and other federal pension recipien ts. Prob 3, the biggest one, is whether California can start printing its o wn money the way the,USA can. If not then .ca is dead out of the gate.

Reply to
bulegoge

I can't be bothered listening to it, but the associated text says that he s aid that he ?did not have communications with the Russians? when he had talked to their US ambassador.

It would take a seriously convoluted interpretation of "communications" to exclude a conversation with the Russian ambassador to the US.

Is that what the Murdoch media told you he did?

Posting a video of the testimony seems about as direct as reporting can get . I found the link above instantly with a single Google query. How come you c ouldn't?

He chose his words carefully, and - technically speaking - he didn't lie, a nd Congress couldn't impeach him for what he did say, misleading as as it m ay have been.

Sessions doesn't seem to have been quite as careful. Trump's clowns aren't in Clinton's class.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I assume that you have no savings or property or even a positive income, since you donate all your money to the less fortunate.

OK, how much per year *do* you voluntarily donate to the less fortunate? Tell us about it.

lunatic fringe electronics

California can just use the peso.

lunatic fringe electronics

Depends what you means by "the left". The Swedes collect 55% of the GDP as tax,and the Germans 45%. You can't collect that kind of money without takin g a lot of it out of the pockets of people on the median income, and they d o vote for the politicians who support that kind of high spending on collec tive well-being.

There aren't any ideological tests for getting welfare, free universal educ ation or universal health care. It wouldn't be universal if there were.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The Californians I've known haven't been as strange as John Larkin. None of them were anything like as ignorant or as gullible, just for a start.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The best thing that could possibly happen would be for *all* the states to go their own way. Same with the EU. Federations are a *seriously bad* idea; break 'em all up. Bill Sloman will scream otherwise of course, which should be more than proof enough for my assertion.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

??? Have you *completely* lost your marbles, young man?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Now be a good baby and put all those toys of yours back in the pram at once!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

It pretty much already is, John.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Yes, as *they* see fit. Not some loony Left government with a busybody like Sloman in charge of the communal purse strings.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

It's such a shame, it was an incredibly beautiful place once upon a time. Reminds me of the truth in the old Eagles song lyric from The Last Resort: "call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye" which is, coincidentally, actually about the demise of Californica.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Sorry sir, we're slamming on the brakes real hard at the first straw man we encounter.

Reply to
bitrex

If and when you are able to materialize wealth out of thin air like some fashion of magician, then I suppose the Left wouldn't have a leg to stand on in regards to what you did with it.

Reply to
bitrex

Long ago. Mental midget of the MA category. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Most of the top Republicans are no better, though.

Can't argue with that!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I thought the same could be said for all of the USA. Maybe the Massachusett/Algonquin should push all the usurpers in Boston back into the sea?

Oh, alright, :)

Reply to
Tom Gardner