ping Jim Thompson

Jim,

I was perusing your website and happened upon your patent regarding demodulating of FSK. Is this the currently easiest/best way to decode FSK? Or would I be better off doing with SW and microcontroller?

I was thinking that a comparator with hysteresis to minimize noise could be used to 'square up' the input signal and then I could just use a timer on the uC to count transitions over the bit time. The freqs are 1562.5 and

2083.3 with 520.83 bit/sec rate--- giving 3 or 4, respective, transitions per bit time. Is this a good way to do it or is there another easier/better way?

Thanks,

Bo

Reply to
Bo

JT is an analog designer and doesn't read this group.

The only reason he would see something here is if it was cross-posted to sci.electronics.design.

Reply to
jeffm_

And while you're cross-posting, post to comp.dsp -- you'll get all the do-it-in-software partisans (like me) chipping in.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott