OT: Calendar Software

My colleague uses this:

Mark
Reply to
qrk

You still have to distinguish between different TV sets. Typically, the manufacturer gives you a dip switch to set the ID with. They leave the ID set to "0", or something when the unit leaves the factory. So, if your neighbor buys the same set/satellite receiver/etc. you will switch his set when you switch yours.

There are ways around this problem, but consumer electronics is designed to be really cheap, not to work really well.

Everything used to work that way. The remote blasted the whole room, and it didn't matter if you aimed it at the unit, or at your nuts. But at some point, the US units all became highly directional... DUMB!!

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris

Hello Chuck,

That's easy. You could, for example, have the user hold the remote really close to the TV so it will override any competing RF signal and then press mute+7, then mute+9. When you do that, the remote issues a random ID and the TV stores that.

That is indeed quite dumb. I wonder who makes such weird decisions.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

If you can find something that works with:

A. Outlook express (current work) B. Lotus notes (past and future work) C. My home outlook D. My nokia phone, or any non PDA size phone. C. any other shit a future contract may force on me

Then i will pay good $$$$.

Reply to
The Real Andy

- "XTND Connect PC" syncs Outlook with my Sony Ericsson Mobile; "the legion" IT services have killed the Bluetooth option so it no longer works - but in less corporate times the calender would update when going into the office. That should work for you.

PS: Noting works with Lotus Notes - Not even Lotus Notes!!.

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

Anyone have experience with this one....

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

You might want to try calendaring software named "Sunbird" which is part of the Mozilla Org software group;

It's free open-source software. Sunbird is still considered 'pre-release' software but I've been using it for over a year now and not had a problem; probably because I only use the basics --- calendar display, tasks, and events; and I just use the "major" releases (currently 0.3) but not "development" releases as tempting as it is to do so. The pop-up alarms have worked fine for me. It doesn't have all the features of a Lotus (which I used to use) and Outlook which many use, but seems to work okay for the basics which is all I really need.

Chuck H

Reply to
Chuck H