a PCB using a layout software

Hello folks! I am about to desing a PCB using a layout software which consists of an embedded system with a PIC core. I have used Ultiboard 8 before and I wasn't satisfied as such with it. If you have any other suggestions regarding the softwares e.g eagle or something like that please let me know. Cheers..

Reply to
chetanthegreat

I'm fairly new to the PCB design game, but maybe a beginner's input will be valuable. I have been using Eagle quite a bit for a few months and I really like it. It has it's quirks but for the price it's been great.

Jason

Reply to
Jason von Nieda

You didn't mention what OS you use - OS/X, Unix/Linux, or Windows? gEDA/PCB works on all three of these, but you may take a while to download and install the right development environment needed to build it under Windows (it "just works" under the other two).

Reply to
DJ Delorie

I have been using WinQcad for the last couple of years and find it excellent.

It is free for designs with less than 500 pins (you can create designs larger than 500 pins, but you will not be able to print or output to gerber etc).

Tim

Reply to
Tim Duke

kicad