Sony EVS-1000E calendar failure in 2006

Just for your information, the Sony EVS1000E, which is a UK model Hi8 edit deck circa 1992, does not accept dates into 2006. The remote commander rolls around to 1990. Attempting to use a remote commander from a later EVS9000E machine to set the date does not work.

A quick rummage on the Internet produced this excellent web page:

which allows you to select another year which matches any given year should a video recorder clock refuse to accept the present year. For

2006 I used 1995, and for 2007 I will use 1990 etc., though in years 2008 and 2012 it will be stuffed. I was pleased to note that the EVS9000E does not suffer this problem, it must be somewhat newer (the calendar has no obvious limit though it must wrap around at some point way off in the future).

All the best,

Colin

(video to DVD transfers)

Reply to