--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

remove batteries from hearing aid? ;)

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Fuck earplugs. A half ounce of wax into each ear of both parties.

Still barking? A half ounce of wax down the throat.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

The barking is waking my wife... not me... I don't wear my aids while sleeping ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Bad idea. Especially if they've been deployed in the dog.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Ok, no one ran with my playback of a delayed bark, but if you had a very high intensity Ultrasound riff for each bark, it might work.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I find classical music, particularly the atonal era, Bartok, et all, kills loud rapper stuff right away >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Ground hamburger, cyanide capsule, plausible deniablity.

After putting up with two neighbors over the past few years who had an "I don't give a f*ck" attitude about their chronically yapping mutts and were utterly resistant to any reasonable discussion on the issue, and the chronic disinterest of authorities about the matter, my patience for it is at an all-time low.

Barking dogs and pathological neighbors who are lovesick over their little puppies and don't know how to properly discipline them are a huge problem. People like that already have two strikes against them - A) they know it's a problem and don't care, and B) they own dogs in the first place (owning animals that don't serve a purpose other than providing 'unconditional love' is infantile, IMO.)

Reptiles, on the other hand, make fantastic pets.

Reply to
bitrex

What happens if a rapper samples Bartok and puts a hip hop beat under it? What then?

This is what I play when I'm in Kendall Square - Hawking is coming for MIT punks:

bitrex

Here is a novel idea. Go to the neighbor and tell him the dog barking is bothering you and ask what he can do about it.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

now that would be silly, it doesn't involve any poison or guns

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I mean, you can try. The Sixers might become a good team, also.

In most cases they already know their dog is being an annoying pain in the ass and they don't care. What difference do you think your patient story of woe is going to make? Usually, none.

Like, they already know what they are.

Reply to
bitrex

But I don't like atonal music (except in the context of the score of the original Planet of the Apes).

Maybe the Verdi Requiem Dies Irae (once my mom blew her speakers when she cranked up that one), or the finale of Prince Igor.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

There are certain types of people that don't really respond well to polite logical arguments, and I think engineering types may forget that from time to time. As I've gotten older, I've gotten a bit better at sussing out preemptively who I'll be wasting my breath on.

Some people only respond to an authority figure bringing the hammer down on them. And with that type of person, if it's not possible to avoid them entirely, it's best to go that route early and often.

Reply to
bitrex

12 tone stuff like Schoenberg is definitely an acquired taste. But there are some composers who incorporated aspects of that who are easy for anyone to get into.

Do you like Debussy? I love the late 19th century impressionist style:

bitrex

Well you won't know what kind of people they are until you try. If you file a formal complaint most likely the officer will ask if you contacted the person. I personally would not take legal action against a neighbor without first discussing the issue. I'm not above the ultrasound though.:-)

Reply to
Tom Biasi

My wife goes apoplectic at Schoenberg, Berg, Bartok or even much of Stravinsky ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Get a cat.

Our neighbors dog would freak out, and run back and forth barking at our cat who just sat there on the our side of the fence. The neighbors eventually got rid of the dog ;)

Martin Riddle

I do not think his wife would like that meal very much.

Had a hard time finding a link for the capsules too.

Polonium was an easy find, on the other hand.

You missed an I in deniability.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

We had a Burmese cat that the male Dachshund was fond of sneaking up on and bowling him over from the side.

One day the Dachsy bowled over the cat and the cat spun around and bit the end of his tail, which bled profusely.

The Dachsy never again bothered the cat ;-) ...Jim Thompson