High frequency noise and barking dogs

I am sure that this subject has been brought up before but is there a way to make your own high frequency noise to stop annoying dogs from barking.

Reply to
lisa429joy

The carbonbased lifeform snipped-for-privacy@aol.com inspired sci.electronics.equipment with:

Fire up the BBQ, make sure it's stabile. Wait till it's really ready to cook. Put your pants down, take a deep breath and set yourself on the grill.

I'll bet that'll shut them doggies up!

Sorry, couldn't resist :-).

My serious answer: I don't think any sound does what you want, no matter how high or loud, it'll only make 'm bark louder probably. There are collars with an electronic "ignition" that reacts when a it detects barking, but that needs the owners to be equally annoyed as you are (unless you are the owner of course).

Theo

--
theo at van-werkhoven.nl    ICQ:277217131                      SuSE Linux
linuxcounter.org: 99872  Jabber:muadib at jabber.xs4all.nl  AMD XP2100+ 512MB

LOL...very good!

Thanks for getting back to me. No, they are not my dogs..I would be considerate enough to try and stop them from barking. They are my neighbors dogs. They bark at every little thing. The most annoying is

9:30-10:00 at night and the one will stand there and bark and bark and she never once will correct them. My husband thinks that there is some type of high frequency you can put out that would deter them from barking but I said the same as you that it would only make them bark worse.....thanks again for your help. I'll try not to sit on any BBQ though. ;o)
Reply to
lisa429joy

Actually, generating such noises are MORE likely to start barking behavior.

There are other (and better) ways to deal with barking than abusing the animal involved.

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm -- www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"
Reply to
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

Not specifically barking dogs but very interesting.

John McMillan