OT: ATF to Require Multiple Sales Reports for Long Guns

See:

Robert Baer

...and your point is?

Reply to
krw

The ATF has already closed the majority of dealers using stupid arbitrary and minor rulings on paperwork and they are now adding this rule on some weapons .. to add burden to the few dealers that exist. Until finally nobody has the right to bear arms..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Complete nonsense.

Reply to
krw

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

He's right about ATF closing down FFLs for minor paperwork errors.

I don't see any problem with reporting on multiple long gun purchases,though. Does that occur very often,outside of border areas?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Minor paperwork errors on long gun purchases? That *was* the point of the article posted.

I don't see the issue either, which was the point of the article.

Reply to
krw

--
Those rulings are not at all "stupid".

They were designed by very intelligent people and are to meant to
circumvent the second amendment to our Constitution, without actually
getting it changed, by limiting, to the point of elimination, the
number of firearms available to law-abiding citizens of this country.

And why would that be important to do?

It's simple.

Sheep without fangs aren't dangerous.
Reply to
John Fields

Registration is just another step on the path to confiscation.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

he first sentence is FACT.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Happens in WA; cannot say for other states as to how uniformly this new rule is being enforced.

Reply to
Robert Baer

And it has been used on occasion by loco police.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Robert Baer wrote in news:4NWdnQnKqcaShpLQnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.localnet:

reporting to ATF on multiple gun purchases is not "registration". ATF would still have to visit the dealer to read the 4473's for each gun,unless the FFL closes down,when his record book would go to ATF,who probably does scan them into an illegal database.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Registration has nothing to do with it.

Reply to
krw

... and nothing to do with the point of the article.

Reply to
krw

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

but NOT "complete nonsense". he was commenting on the incremental erosion of our Second Amendment rights,and the comment about ATF revoking FFLs for minor paperwork errors is accurate.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Perhaps, but that wasn't the point of the article. He used the article as substantiation for that claim; a lie.

Reply to
krw