Consumer Reports

An E-mail I just sent...

Jim Guest, President, Consumer Reports...

You would have gotten my donation (and subscription renewal), but you blew it...

You endorsed Obama-care... the most asinine, circularly-referenced bill I've ever seen in my nearly 70 years.

What happened, Obama's goons promise to bail out CU?

Jim Guest wrote (in an E-mail)...

[snip]

Support Consumer Reports Now with a Tax-Deductible Contribution.

All of Consumer Reports' testing, evaluation and reporting needs your help at this time of economic turmoil. Last month alone, your support enabled us to:

? Rate the performance and value of 59 different vacuum cleaners. ? Evaluate more than 100 LCD and plasma television sets. ? Make smart decisions about refinancing a fixed-rate mortgage. ? Alert homeowners to the dangers of shady "foreclosure-prevention" services. ? And so much more.

By the end of this fiscal year, we will have produced a more expansive, detailed and diverse level of research and reporting than in any period in our 73-year history ­ without compromising our standards of excellence and independence.

Keep this important work happening. Support Consumer Reports now.

Your contribution will ensure that we have the resources to guide you ­ and all consumers ­ with all purchases and investments, however large or small they are.

To keep our vigilance and leadership going strong, please make a generous fiscal-year-end contribution today. Thank you for your steadfast support.

Sincerely,

Jim Guest President

P.S. Whether it's a peanut, plasma screen, or a Prius, we work tirelessly on your behalf every single day. As the largest and most trusted consumer product safety organization in the world, our efforts have never been more important.

Contact CR:

Consumer Reports

101 Truman Avenue Yonkers, NY 10703 (914) 378-2000

Click to contact us. Please note: This promotional e-mail was sent from an automated address that cannot reply to incoming e-mail,