ASCI to FPGA - require details

Hello experts, Would like to hear from you regarding the precautions, the common practices and problems that arise when migrating an ASIC RTL code into an FPGA.

Thanks & Regards, Srini.

Reply to
srini

Is this university homework or have you a specific project in mind?

What Fpga family are you migrating to? What Asic technology was the RTL code originally targeted at?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Myler

Try Altera App Note 311: ASIC to FPGA design methodology and guidelines.

Hope this helps, Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta

And second item shown up by a google search for asic fpga methodology :-)

Subroto Datta wrote:

Reply to
Alan Myler

Hi Alan, I am going to get a project of this sort. So, I am just preparing for it.

Regards, Sr> sr>

Reply to
srini