OT: Any BCIT EET Grads Here?

I've had similar experiences and it's ok. After all, we are always learning as well.

Depends on country and sometimes local jurisdiction. For example, if the employee is or claims to be a member of a minority the hiring manager and the company can be in hot water rather soon.

Not my chips though. Some are full of compromises because we must cram in more than usually fits. Design rules get chucked, electro-migration enters, the thing doesn't have to live for very long so it can be done. But all this does not unfold until the actual chip design begins, when the first hard collision with a design rule comes along, and then another. Which is why I am honest and always write that into the architecural spec that they get for bidding.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Absolutely. I loved interviewing. It's exhausting, but a lot of fun. Well, except the travel part.

That's just a matter of paperwork. If it's not working it should be easy to document.

Groundrules are well known ahead of time. As far as fitting goes, just buy the next size up. ;-) BTDT. It only hurts the bottom line a little.

Reply to
krw

te:

messy

using

d up

is

and

ans

or the one

.

James Arthur is particularly depressing example of the dedicated right wing nitwit. His "exact dollar amounts" represent an object lesson in how to lie with statistics.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

cies,

other

f all

esults

Sure. He trashed what was left of the trade unions, and started the great export of blue collar jobs out of the country, which has a lot to with precipitate decline in the U.S. balance of trade that started during his presidency and hasn't stopped yet.

Allan Greenspan's autobiography is particularly candid on this point.

All this suited rich right-wingers, and they've idolised the swine ever since.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

[...]

Exactly, but that takes a lot of time. Weeks, at least.

Doesn't work, mine often have to go into medical devices where size is non-negotiable. We've had chips where the corners were being chamfered just to be able to get them in. The chip designer's face was priceless. "You want to do *WHAT*?"

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

one

If you don't believe anyone then call U-Haul. Assuming you do have a telephone :-)

Bill, you are becoming rather evasive when hard proof shows you were wrong.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Weeks is not a long time. If it's a bad situation it should be known soon after hiring. If something changes after, it's probably better for all to figure out what went wrong.

Is that when you do your "*PHUT!*".

Reply to
krw

messy

using

one

The idiot could do the same experiment online, between as many locations as his little pig desires.

Becoming? Surely you jest.

Reply to
krw

very messy

home using

end up

risk is

already" and

tax

politicians

for the one

revenue,

=20

mic-Record

I would have to say it seemed the best near the end of the Clinton years.= =20 Jimmy Carter was not that wonderful, though by the time he left office=20 double digit inflation and stagflation had run their course. The Reagan=20 years were not all that good a time for me. Bush the elder was kind of=20 neutral, Bush the lesser era was definitely messed up. But Obummer=20 promises to be far far worse. And for obvious reasons i do not think much of Nixon or LBJ.

Reply to
JosephKK

very messy

home using

end up

risk is

already" and

tax

politicians

for the one

revenue,

country=20

-Record

All the more reason to insist on them getting their data right and=20 traceable. But of course whingers don't give a damn about mere facts. When good data is available why use baloney?

Reply to
JosephKK