Any TopSPICE users here?

Just to ask if somebody here has used the TopSPICE circuit simulator [1] from PENZAR Development? Is it any good?

[1]
[]s

-- Chaos Master®, posting from Canoas, Brazil - 29.55° S / 51.11° W

"People told me I can't dress like a fairy. I say, I'm in a rock band and I can do what the hell I want!" -- Amy Lee

Running on: 300MHz Pentium, 128MB RAM, 8.4GB HD, 56k modem, Windows 98 SE Mozilla Firefox 1.0, Gravity 2.70, Wget as downloader

Reply to
Chaos Master

I bought TopSpice Dec 1993 DOS version (mixed mode) because the price was right and the ad covered all i would ever need. Had no major problems with it; a few minor ones when the number of steps filled all of memory (did not crash, just complained and stopped the calcs). I very rarely need to use Spice, and so i think i may have gotten my money's worthout of it. The upgrades offered over the years were decently priced, but my needs/useage would justify no more than zero dollars for them. TopSpice has seemed to be at least as good as the fancy expensive versions that large companies had at the time; the mixed mode (analog and digital at same time) was a plus that a number of the others did not have.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Topspice is a very good simulator. The latest version comes with a large library of parts. What you can't find in the library, you can download and easily inport into the simulator. I hightly recommed topspice.

Robert B

Reply to
RBola35618

I agree; it was superb many years ago when only DOS was available. Robert Baer (one of many)

Reply to
Robert Baer