OT: An Appeal by everyone's favourite eco-loon, Greta Thunberg

Is that in fact the only source of evil?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

and that's why you asked it, to give you an excuse to bs about it. Nothing more than a toxic pathological troll.

Reply to
tabbypurr

you are truly deeply stupid.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Quite. I've often thought that quote was highly defective.

Cursitor Doom

LOL! So long as you're happy that's fine, then. :-)

Cursitor Doom

Aha! Well done. Let's see if we can get this to go viral on Twitter as an internet meme: #BSSBS :-D

Cursitor Doom

He is indeed. As is his wing man, 3rd-wit (less than a half-wit). I've posted peer-reviewed, incontrovertible documentary evidence here to show that the level of CO2 in the atmosphere has remained constant at 400ppm for well over 100 years. And did they even bother to read it? No! They dismissed it just as they always do with anything that challenges their set-in-stone world-view. And all they do is demand I post more evidence for them to airily dismiss. I've got better things to do than waste my valuable time on this pair of fools.

Cursitor Doom

----------------------

** Think there are two possibilities with AGW:

  1. The Cruel God Theory.

We poor humans have been sitting on a knife edge for over a million years, with massive amounts of coal, gas and oil under the ground waiting to be used to vasty improve all our lives.

But we can use barley any of the damn stuff cos the CO2 produced thereby will immediately render the planet uninhabitable to punish us.

For what ??

  1. Fallible Humans Theory:

The current AGW panic is not well based and driven mostly by folk with hidden agendas. Profits of Doom are not a new phenomenon. When researchers get alarming results, they are duty bound to publish them - even if only computer model predictions with no history of accuracy.

Once a committee made up of international bureaucrats was given the god like task of deciding if the human race was really in peril - they opted for the least dangerous path, for themselves. Money poured in for more research and was grabbed with both hands, everyone involved well knowing what was the needed outcome and what was not in order to keep the funds and jobs flowing.

Not a hoax as such, but a predictable phenomenon. Funny thing how soon as computer climate models were written they predicted disaster.

We would never have known otherwise...

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Do you know of any that isn't based on greed?

Reply to
Michael Terrell

No. I asked for it because it's a reasonable reaction to a vague and unspecific (and - as it happens - wrong) assertion.

The fact that he wasn't going to deliver is and was predictable and diagnostic.

Cursitor Doom was being the same pathological troll that he always is. The fact that you don't seem to realise this (or at least won't admit it) puts you in the same category.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Another gullible twit chimes in.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Reply to
whit3rd

Nonsense, that was just a single reported measurement, devoid of error estimate, and recorded at no known conditions and/or location.

The 'peer review' result: no one nowadays cites that measurement for any serious purpose. It isn't a meaningful survey of the Earth's atmosphere at all, and the fact that the paper under it is yellow does NOT make it an ancient truth. Yeah, it's peer-reviewed: the peers panned it.

There's a complete record in ice (trapped bubbles) that far exceeds the significance of that tired bit of paper, and there's LOTS of ice; you can repeat the historic measurements yourself if you have any doubt.

Good thing I've got a long-ish memory, your lack of a repeat of the citation would have fooled folk if I hadn't recalled it.

Reply to
whit3rd

--We were tossed out of Eden and told to work it for ourselves, according to many monotheistic religions, so there's no cruelty required.

Thousands of humans, spread around the world, for decades, and 'hidden'? Not remotely credible. And worse, thousands of scientists, not telling everyone everything they know? That's contrary to human nature.

Better come up with a third theory, the first two are neither credible nor useful in any kind of plan for our future on Earth.

Reply to
whit3rd

Your "long-ish memory" appears highly selective. I wasn't referring to a snippet from an old book.

Cursitor Doom

Denial, we can all see, but you aren't referring to ANYTHING. Reference of that sort is always to be ignored, if not rejected.

Reply to
whit3rd

Quite, re Slow man. FWIW. Win is very different to the slow one.

Reply to
tabbypurr

hich while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with.

Plenty. As well as evil from chasing money there's evil from chasing sex, s ocial position & prestige, power over others, ego, not giving a damn (due t o self centredness) & lack of awareness. Then there's evil from refusing to admit when an accusation was wrong. And evil that results from being misin formed. Then there's wrongly blaming others. I daresay there are more.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You realise of course that XR have been funded by Soros and have had

200,000 ukp from the man that is trying to buy Heathrow airport, so what's the angle, idealism ?.

Just follow the money as usual. The spivs have worked out a way to make billions out of this scam, even witout the carbon credit trading scheme.

XR, a death cult with no hope or redemption, with a child messiah for a figurehead. Couldn't write a script for it..

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Oh, so one of the appreciative audience chips in? Yeah, sounds like idealism. A contribution from someone who hasn't taken a vow of poverty, and dabbles in real estate.

?? what does 'spiv' mean? And, what scam are you referring to? For that matter, what is XR? It sounds a lot like a chain of reasoning, but with a few dozen missing links.

Reply to
whit3rd