OT: An Appeal by everyone's favourite eco-loon, Greta Thunberg

[...]

Unfortunately there's nothing funny about it at all, because this is where it always ends up if left unchallenged:

Cursitor Doom

Careful, Michael, some snowflake could easily get 'triggered' by that remark!

Cursitor Doom

any kind of sick kid. The public image I've seen is remarkably self-posses sed.

Getting to address the UN is fairly clear evidence that she doesn't have an y mental health issues worth worrying about.

I suspect NT means that he can't be bothered to read the rest. This makes s ense. He posts here to pose as somebody who knows what is talking about, bu t clearly doesn't, and has learned that when he tries to justify his bizarr e claims he comes out looking like the twit that he is.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

but instead deny what is blindingly obvious. Her voice and facial expressio ns were bizarre and not just the result of coaching.

Uta Frith didn't mention it. She has met me face to face, which Phil Alliso n hasn't, and she has more expertise in the area than Phil can claim - he s eems to see autistic behaviour everywhere he looks, when the incidence in t he population as a whole is about 1%.

Phil's enthusiasm for seeing autism spectrum behaviour everywhere he looks is pretty loopy.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The sixteen year-old schoolgirl reiterated the conclusions of the Intergove rnmental Panel on Climate Change, and spelled out what they meant for her - and anybody else of her age.

Cursitor Doom gets his ideas about climate change from less authoritative s ources - essentially denialist propaganda paid for by people who want to ke ep on making as much money as possible for as long as possible by digging u p fossil carbon and selling it as fuel.

This makes him pathetically gullible, but he's too dim to notice that.

He's also the kind of self-satisfied jerk who feels free to be rude to his intellectual superiors (which does seem to include most of the population).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

It's not difficult to understand where people as dim and gullible as Cursitor Doom are coming from. I know exactly what he's thinking - or rather feeling, since organised thought seems to be quite beyond him.

I'm not rude about his numerous short-comings in the hope that he'll do anything to raise his game - I'm just doing it to emphasise that even this group has standards of a sort, and he falls a long way short of them, such as they are.

He's not even the low man on the totem pole here - skybuck flying is worse, and krw is almost as bad - but he doesn't have a lot of other competition.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

To NT's satisfaction. He sees what he wants to see.

He has declined my invitation to spell out what's crazy in what she actually said, which doesn't surprise me.

He's great on vague generalisations, but evasive when you ask him to be specific.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Cursor Doom doesn't have the wherewithal to effectively "challenge" a 16 y/o girl, much less a Mao Zedong. He seems smart enough to stick to easy targets but that ain't saying much.

Reply to
bitrex

-------------------

** Citing the "absent expert " is a standard debating cheat.

In this case, Bill is citing himself actually.

So he worthless in every way.

But debating cheats are all the Bill ever uses.

False citing, appeals to higher authority, opinions trotted out as facts and his own lack of perception as disproof of existence.

FYI to all:

I have a close associate who is VERY autistic, his friends are well aware and told me so recently, since I had kept quiet about it for years.

Nobody wanted to hurt his feelings, not even me, cos we all realised he would take being told badly.

First rule any doctor or expert like the one Bill cited uses when dealing direct with people is never say or do anything to injure your own patient. The old Hippocratic oath.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

It's not HER that's the problem. Drought, flood,fire, entire ecosystems scrambled like a shuffled deck of cards...

She is just reminding you what we've heard from the scientists for... decades. Or, filling you in on important stuff you never knew.

Your reckless disregard will hurt her, and the rest of her generation, and their offspring... and they ALL know it. Invest in a urine-proof tombstone, or don't trust your youngsters with the location.

Reply to
whit3rd

She is an actual expert, and Phil Allison is at the opposite end of the credibility spectrum

More to throw in the bizarre anecdote than with any expectation of convincing anybody.

Not every way, but Phil's value metrics are odd.

Or so Phil likes to think.

Produce an example.

That's what citation is - the fact that Phil doesn't take particular authorities as seriously as he should isn't a virtue.

I do make a distinction, even if you can't pay enough attention to notice.

If I've not heard of something, and a google search doesn't find it, I'm inclined to think that it has been imagined. That's how scepticism works.

"The main features of autism are difficulty in social interactions and communication, and restricted and repetitive behaviours and interests."

You'd notice if you were dramatically less sociable than your neighbours and colleagues. Phil's consideration in not telling his colleague what the colleague will certainly know is a patronising idiocy.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Like the group of anti war protesters a few years ago who announced that th ey were going to disrupt our Memorial Day service? I was the first to arriv e at our Veteran's Park that day. I met two Deputy Sheriffs, who asked if I had heard about the planned protest. I hadn't but I asked them to give the a message when they arrived. "Please remind them that there will be less t han a dozen of you to defend them from thousands of Veterans, and thousands of others here to remember the ones who served our country. There are not enough of you to keep them safe it they start trouble." About 45 minutes la ter, someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was one of the deputies. He was smiling and pointing to the far corner of our Park. The protesters were hud dled in a tight group, and their signs were laying face down. "We delivered your message."

Canes, walkers and oxygen tanks can all be used to protect yourself from Sn owflakes. I personally had one on his knees a few years ago, begging me to let him go after he tried to steal my cane in a Church parking lot. He was called 'Pretzel Boy', until he moved out of town.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

I'd put them at their usual level. I don't get why some people buy his failures of insight. A little critical thinking soon shows them to not add up.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

immaterial

No, it's just immaterial. It's based on too much foolish nonsense to spend time on.

Well, that's a good demo of the gross deficiency of your critical thinking skills.

junk snipped

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Win is a true expert at electronics.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

her to great prominence, when in reality she is a useful idiot.

cowardly bit of

he is spent fuel and is no longer needed and nobody cares about her opinion s anymore.

She deserves a

o get a bright future. She shows no trace of the first of those.

he pontificates about.

address to the UN that picks out any deviation from scientific orthodoxy.

f they want. And Bill's predictable ensuing bs. "

d of claim all the time, and never delivers the supporting arguments that e ven try to validate it.

and there were have the ensuing bs lol.

Greta's stuff is so intellectually empty that anyone with functional critic al thinking skills can see it for what it is. She demonstrates only her nai vete & interest in carving herself a career. She is an actor with ability i n one role type only. I wish her well as much as anyone, but her green argu ments are not worth a thing.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

He'd be a lot quieter that's for sure :)

Reply to
tabbypurr

--------------------------

** That facetious - or not?

FYI: Win failed hopelessly here with simple questions common about issues with audio amplifiers.

I guess audio is just too complicate for the likes of Win, JL and Phil H.

Too many damn angles to it with to many outside influences to take into account.

When you simply have no experience.

As Dirt Harry famously said, though gritted teeth:

" Man's gotta know his - limitations... "

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

NT's own insight isn't impressive.

And how would NT know that? The stuff he seems to believe does suggest that his grasp of critical thinking is insecure.

He's pretty much a text-book case of the gullible twit.

Odd that he and Cursitor Doom make such a fetish of "critical thinking" when they clearly can't manage it.

The likeliest explanation is that they think "critical thinking" involves believing the nonsense they choose to believe. What most people call uncritical non-thinking. "Gullible" is a more compact expression of the same idea.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

icks out any deviation from scientific orthodoxy.

nd Bill's predictable ensuing bs.

s much a chance for her to make a career out of it. It's not one sided.

sh movement. The point she was making was

NT doesn't want to think about it. He does seem to have an aversion to thin king.

d time on.

NT doesn't understand any of it, and comforts himself with the delusion tha t it isn't worth understanding.

rn & transition to a more fact (or at least plausible claim) based approach . Whether she has the sense & sanity to do that is open to question.

ery well established facts.

g skills.

NT clearly doesn't understand what's involved in critical thinking, and has never posted anything that suggests that he has even come close to it.

An unwillingness to discuss any specific point is the very antithesis of cr itical thinking, which is designed to cut through vague generalities - whic h are NT's stock in trade - to identifiable and falsifiable propositions.

The fact that Cursitor Doom - another gullible idiot - likes to claim that he too can do critical thinking points up the fact that people who like the sound of their own voice are prepared to make all kinds of fatuous claims to competence in areas where they don't have even the beginnings of a clue.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to