OT: An Appeal by everyone's favourite eco-loon, Greta Thunberg

I have no trouble working out what you and Cursitor Doom have mind. You've got very small and remarkably empty minds.

I don't expect to change them - there's not much there to change.

I do go to the trouble of pointing that you two congratulate yourselves on being the same kind of gullible idiot, which does indicate a certain shared weakness of judgement.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

-------------------------------

** Over the past 15 or so years I have worked as a volunteer helper at various elections - local, state and federal campaigns.

You can learn a lot about people and voting, very fast in that job.

I also do scrutineering during the initial vote count.

Australia has experienced a massive Green party invasion in that time - bit like an invasion from Mars in my opinion. Pun intended.

They bring no regular policies, just the usual Green agenda of politically correct nonsense. Gay rights, AGW and ending mining and coal power for example.

Their candidates and voters really stand out - nearly all are aging hippies and loony lefties. You can sopt a Green voter cos they never take a "how to vote" card for any other party - so indicating their vote to all immediately.

Where I live, most of the males ride bicycles, have beards and wear back paks - regardless of age. Females often sport tattoos and die their hair with bright colours.

The other candidates and their teams have grown despise them - a few are really aggressive and threaten or pick fights with any conservative opponent.

They rarely win seats, but with our preferential system keep the left side of politics in government in many places. Which means they have a strangle hold over them, policy wise, in exchange for directing preferences their way.

Anecdote:

I once had a well dressed woman approach me outside a polling station on a sunny Saturday morning and present her 12 year old daughter - wearing make up and dressed like she was on her way to a party.

She asked me to explain the difference between the major parties; Liberal, Labor and The Greens - to the girl.

Put on the spot, with no time to think, I came up with this and spoke to the kid.

" It's all about money, Liberals want to help people make money and help those with money to keep it.

Labor wants to spend money, mostly money they have not got.

While the Greens want to spend money that does not exist. "

The young lady gave me the blankest look and mum took her away in silence.

Ouch ....

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

d her to great prominence, when in reality she is a useful idiot.

a cowardly bit of character assassination.

she is spent fuel and is no longer needed and nobody cares about her opini ons anymore.

. She deserves a bright future.

to get a bright future. She shows no trace of the first of those.

s he pontificates about.

s address to the UN that picks out any deviation from scientific orthodoxy.

if they want. And Bill's predictable ensuing bs. "

ind of claim all the time, and never delivers the supporting arguments that even try to validate it.

Easy to say. Harder to demonstrate. Probably impossible for NT to demonstra te, which is why he refuses to try

ical thinking skills can see it for what it is. She demonstrates only her n aivete & interest in carving herself a career. She is an actor with ability in one role type only. I wish her well as much as anyone, but her green ar guments are not worth a thing.

She quoted the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. NT is the intelle ctually empty vessel here - concentrating on patronising abuse, rather than delivering any substance at all.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

lol

Yep. I don't mind writing some stuff upto a point, but not gonna waste time on a lot of the junk you come out with.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

ote:

like any kind of sick kid. The public image I've seen is remarkably self-po ssessed.

e any mental health issues worth worrying about.

Mental health issues worth worrying about make it difficult to live a norma l life. Getting on a sailing boat, sailing across the Atlantic and addressi ng the UN are rather more stressful than normal life. Greta may have proble ms, but it is clear that she can cope with them.

You, on the other hand ...

es sense.

ime on a lot of the junk you come out with.

So much easier to write it off as junk than it would be to learn enough to realise that it wasn't.

This isn't entirely fair to NT. He's obviously intellectually defective, so learning enough to have an intelligent opinion isn't an option for him.

He seems equally incapable of learning that trying to pose as somebody who knows what he is talking about isn't a viable option for him either.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

it like an invasion from Mars in my opinion. Pun intended.

y correct nonsense. Gay rights, AGW and ending mining and coal power for ex ample.

Sadly for Phil's reputation, the fact that the Greens have adopted an issue doesn't automatically mean that the issue they have adopted is nonsense.

Gay rights do make sense.

Anthropogenic global warming is a fact, and we do need to slow it down as f ast as we can.

I don't think that even Greens want to end mining in general.

They do want to cut back coal mining and coal burning to slow down anthropo genic global warming. The fact that some very rich people got rich by diggi ng up coal and make lots of money out of keeping on doing it means that qui te few right wing politicians have been bribed to let them keep on doing i t.

es and loony lefties. You can spot a Green voter cos they never take a "how to vote" card for any other party - so indicating their vote to all immedi ately.

paks - regardless of age. Females often sport tattoos and die their hair wi th bright colours.

So what?

really aggressive and threaten or pick fights with any conservative opponen t.

Mental health care in the community.

e of politics in government in many places. Which means they have a strangl e hold over them, policy wise, in exchange for directing preferences their way.

It's called politics, and representing the whole population, as opposed to those rich enough to pay effective bribes.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Delusions of mind reading. Classic stuff.

Reply to
tabbypurr

no.

Every expert fails hopelessly in some areas, but in expert in some.

snip

Precisely. Win does well when he sticks to electronics. Politics?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

confirmation of the mind reading delusion.

Reply to
tabbypurr

---------------------------- Phil Allis> > tabby wrote:

** Crikey ....

** Then he is not what you claimed.
** Audio amplifiers are "electronics" - simple stuff to.

Win is nasty, smug shit.

So no surprise you feel the need praise him.

Like honour among thieves.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

NT has the delusion that he has a mind to read. He's got an image that he wants to present, and that's easy to decode.

It's not as if there's any actual content to be read.

He gets very evasive if asked to supply that, and the most economical explanation is that there isn't any content there to be supplied.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Just a reality check. We have an assortment of experts here. Claiming people can't do what they do successfully on a daily basis is a bit pointless.

But being an expert in electronics does not make someone competent in politics.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

is that a 3rd example of your delusion of mind reading? I'm not sure.

It's certainly an explanation that requires no engagement in actual thinking. No wonder you like it. But the bigger reason is you don't like people pointing out when your ideas are crassly stupid.

Reply to
tabbypurr

------------------------

Phil Allis----------------------

** That would be one place you never visit.

** Really, who are they ?

** Especially when you a have no idea what they actually do.

And pour scorn on them, because of that fact.

Cos you are a smug, unthinking asshole.

** No-one is competent in day to day politics.

It's fundamentally chaotic, like the weather.

FYI:

I nailed what was wrong here two decades ago.

The dominant posters are ugly bullies and egomaniacs.

Creates a toxic culture in which nothing good can ever happen.

Worked in places like that once, but not for long.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

NT manages to have silly ideas about politics and electronics.

The expert in everything doesn't exist, any more than the man who is always wrong, but stupidity and ignorance can be evident over a broad spectrum of subjects.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

s Cursitor Doom are coming from. I know exactly what he's thinking - or rat her feeling, since organised thought seems to be quite beyond him.

he wants to present, and that's easy to decode.

If NT had a mind that worked he wouldn't have bothered posing the question.

When a pretentious clown acts in a predictable way, it doesn't take mind-re ading to do the prediction.

NT clearly thinks that he has right to post vague generalisations. When he gets heckled about it, he doesn't seem to understand the content of the cri ticism, and writes it off as nonsense (which is to say he can't make sense of what is being said, apart form the fact that it's hostile). It's fairly transparent attitude, and you don't need mind-reading skills to decode it.

xplanation is that there isn't any content there to be supplied.

ing. No wonder you like it. But the bigger reason is you don't like people pointing out when your ideas are crassly stupid.

I wouldn't. It doesn't seem to happen. Dimwits like you and Cursitor Doom d o seem to think that they can make that claim, and that doesn't worry me at all.

People have pointed out where I have fallen short at higher levels, and I'v e been grateful for the correction - search on posts by me containing the w ord "oops".

You and Cursitor Doom seem to be sea-green in-educatable.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Bill has become a somewhat pitiable, sad and tragic figure clinging on for dear life to the outer periphery of S.E.D. Go easy on him. ;-)

Cursitor Doom

"idleness (an idle mind) is the root of all evil"

or something...

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Why anyone would want to waste a single second of their time in a futile attempt to spoon-feed you evidence you would only refute without even comprehending it is beyond me. Certainly no one who's been posting here for any length of time and seen your dismissive attitude to anything that didn't appear in the NYT, WaPo or CNN would!

Cursitor Doom

What a load of crap that is: he asked for analysis, NOT for evidence. Analysis, you just have to explain. Evidence, you'd have to produce (possibly artifacts or somesuch).

Learn to read, to extract meaning from text, and try to post something vaguely related when you 'reply'. Or, is this NOT a mistake, are you certain of refutation if you try to present your own analysis? Greta , a teenager, can analyze for publication, but you fear to do so?

Reply to
whit3rd