OT: $15/hour minimum wage coming to Seattle

--
Letting the market work without restraint is akin to not damming a
river or using a bang-bang comparator when an opamp with feedback

dams prevent floods. op-amps with feedback often oscillate.

--
umop apisdn
Reply to

McDonald's is hurting and begging for business. I get coupons on the back of grocery store receipts for any 2 MDs sandwichs at the price of one. So, I get the breakfast special of 2 sausage burritos for a $1.19 , or 60 cents each.

Bill Bowden

Uncontrolled free markets always oscillate - from boom to bust and back again. Keynes identified the mechanisms involved, and the sort of feedback that tamed this, but some economists don't want to know.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

--
So you just don't get it?
Reply to

Well, since the government has already f***ed our economy by creating TRILLIONS of dollars out of thin air, who should give a shit anyway? Make the minimum wage $1,000 per hour as there is more than enough money fabricated to support that. Would not make dent in "employment" or "economy".

Reply to
Robert Baer

People who know enough to realise that quantitative easing probably made th e difference between the Great Recession (slow growth in the GDP) and a re- run of the Great Recession (a 25% contraction in the GDP) are not going to pay much attention to your opinion.

In your singularly under-informed opinion.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

ing

ing

e the difference between the Great Recession (slow growth in the GDP) and a re-run of the Great Recession (a 25% contraction in the GDP) are not going to pay much attention to your opinion.

I'm getting tired of Robert Baer's posts. He's almost as much of an idiot a s you are.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I see you're making friends again!

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

--
So you don't get it either?
Reply to

Those that generally think they know best about everything there is in the world do get irritated by the likes of me and others like me that form honest opinions about your mental state of superiority.

Have you ever been wrong and or not known better than anyone else?

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

On Saturday, 28 March 2015 08:11:59 UTC+11, Maynard A. Philbrook Jr. wrote :

te:

te:

te:

messing

ing a

back

reating

ay?

made the difference between the Great Recession (slow growth in the GDP) a nd a re-run of the Great Recession (a 25% contraction in the GDP) are not g oing to pay much attention to your opinion.

ough

ot as you are.

Honest but ill-informed, and fairly obviously incorrect. I don't have to be particularly superior to be superior to you and Robert Baer - it's steppin g over a curb, not clearing a high-jump bar.

It happens - and if you search my postings for "oops" you'll find a few exa mples of my recognising the - rare - occasions when it has happened.

You don't know much, so you wouldn't know about them.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Form what ever opinion you wish, that is the right that most of us have however, I do think I know enough to see through you.

Go tune up that BS meter, it's out of cal.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Come on, Slowman *invented* the BS meter. He put his initials on it, even.

Reply to
krw

You don't know enough to find any of my "oops" postings - that much is obvious. That you think you know enough to see through me is pure self-delusion on your part, but you don't know enough to be aware of that either.

It registers you as 100% BS. No problem there. Yours doesn't seem to do that well.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

to be particularly superior to be superior to you and Robert Baer - it's st epping over a curb, not clearing a high-jump bar.

w examples of my recognising the - rare - occasions when it has happened.

I'm sure that I didn't invent it - it's certainly not covered by any of the patents that do name me as the inventor.

And Jamie's function - as our BS source - does rather preclude him from ass essing other people BS meters. You aren't quite as thick as a Jamie - your problem comes more from not understanding what constitutes "evidence" and " proof" than from not understanding everything - but your capacity for gener ating BS is in the same ball-park, and your judgment of what constitutes BS is equally flawed, if for a slightly different reason.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

When you're good at something others recognize it and that should be what you judge your abilities by. In this case here, I do believe there is one item on the list of that you are so recognized for and that is of course a "BS" artist.

Don't feel bad, not everyone has the ability to become an artist.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

that

ave to be particularly superior to be superior to you and Robert Baer - it' s stepping over a curb, not clearing a high-jump bar.

se?

a few examples of my recognising the - rare - occasions when it has happene d.

have

the patents that do name me as the inventor.

assessing other people BS meters. You aren't quite as thick as a Jamie - y our problem comes more from not understanding what constitutes "evidence" a nd "proof" than from not understanding everything - but your capacity for g enerating BS is in the same ball-park, and your judgment of what constitute s BS is equally flawed, if for a slightly different reason.

Believe me - I don't feel in the least bad. I take your opinion just seriou sly enough to jeer at it, but that's more for the fun of jeering than from any feeling that I need to defend myself. You are such a flagrantly dim twe rp that you can't realise that you aren't smart enough to recognise even mo derate competence in others, nor that this defect in your competence is uni versally obvious - even to twerps as dim as krw.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Be careful bill, you're so full of yourself you could suffocate!

Simply trying to do a human helpful act and remind you of the health risk!

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

--