NPI and ECM

The 1e7 hours is for gear that we have already sold to them. They took their time to getting around to doing the quality audit. And they are unlikely to go out of business.

There is a certain class of businesses that enjoys (there is no better word, since it's illogical) bullying small vendors. They don't dare pound on NI or Agilent.

I've noticed that the semiconductor industry is especially bad in this respect. They flood a small company with really insane amounts of "quality" nonsense, "copy exact" craziness, cost reporting and reduction demands, buggy spreadsheets to fill out, and IP ownership issues. The aerospace companies, on the other hand, are nearly always competent and reasonable.

I do business with multi-billion dollar companies and I have never been asked for anything other than price, delivery and various certs such as RoHS. I have been given demands such as labeling with bar codes which I attempted to comply with. When I am asked for things I don't wish to comply with I just say, "no". It never seems to prevent orders. I never lie.

Lunch is important.

--

Rick
Reply to

Lol. Sounds like a serious culture clash. I so don't like the megacorp approach. How about 'great, we can answer all that for you in depth. It will cost you $xxx per day of our time, and take about 2 days per question. Typically'

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

We've had only few deadbeats in 30 years, and not a lot of money. But late payers or suspect customers are cash-in-advance.

The worst customer was the government of India, who took two years to finally pay most of what they owed us. Just wait until they need spares or support!

The US governmant is a great payer. They pay before they find out if it works, or what's actually inside the box.

We have a bookkeeper, so the payables/receivables thing is no big increment.