Not much press about 2 Navy boats and 10 held by Iran

Nice opening for Trump... he'll get them back as soon as he's elected ;-) ...Jim Thompson

That's cuz they were doing something they weren't supposed to be doing.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Who's gonna sneak over to Paris on a dark and rainy night and set it all up?

--
Grizzly H.
Reply to

Yeah, not much beyond the front page of The New York Times.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The crime is Boating While American.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Ummm- how swift is that current that it carried the boats 75 miles offshore to a little spec of a Farsi Island, which happens to house an Iran Navy base?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

It's not that they had any business in being there anyway...

joe

Reply to
Joe Hey

Sounds like the Iranians are going to get two sweet little gunboats out of the deal to add to their collection, along with the F-14s. Maybe they'll put 'em up on Craigslist.

Score!

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Vice President Fiorina? Nah, there aren't any flyable SR71s left.

Reply to
krw

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 16:39:26 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

Notice that they were not immediately transported to the mainland.

Iran wants their money released.

That's OK...

Saudi Arabia will likely blow the piss out of them *for us*.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 20:40:01 -0500 (EST), bitrex Gave us:

Doubtful. The F-14 we gave them. These, we get back. Or maybe we should use their Island for Saudi target practice.

Nothing like sparking off a major war when the economy is set to take a major downturn.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 21:06:23 -0500, krw Gave us:

She can do a HELO insertion.

Maybe she has a Homer Simpson pussy tattoo (look it up on google images).

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

If we gave/sold them F-14s, you can be sure they won't be able to use them against us. We have ways of remotely making them inoperable.

--

Rick
Reply to

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Reply to
bitrex

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 22:23:27 -0500, rickman Gave us:

No. We sold them to them when they were once considered "an ally".

They most certainly will not. We will hear them coming before they even leave the runway.. And our gear can shoot them down without ever seeing them aloft as well.

Nope... We did not give them the full suite ours had, but they do have their transponders so we know about their presence and if they disable those we'll also still know who, what, and where they are.

But a remote cutoff switch? Nope. That is not part of ANY bird we ever sold to ANY ally.

The only way to make them inoperable remotely is by sending them an explosive car package from afar, which IS something we can do.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 22:28:44 -0500 (EST), bitrex Gave us:

No need to waste such an expensive rocket on them. We can destroy them before they leave a runway and kill the runway at the same time.

They will more likely try to use the migs Saddam spirited out of Iraq at very low altitude at the onset of the Gulf War. We'll nail those too, however.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 22:38:50 -0500, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno Gave us:

Care package.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I'm not talking about any of that. I mean we can disable all their arms and defenses to make them sitting ducks if they take off. Same thing with radars and advanced weapon systems. We only sell off versions that we can be sure will *never* be used against us. We can't do that with the dumber weapons.

--

Rick
Reply to

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 23:26:33 -0500, rickman Gave us:

You are wrong. Most of our allies would never go for a system we have an off switch attached to. We sold the UK, Germany, Japan, etc., etc. the same gear we have. And no we do not "turn off a friendly missile".

If your wingman locks and fires on you, you can kiss your ass goodbye. All the switch fiddling in the world will not help you.

Their stuff, however is obsoleted by our modern SDR radio and computer systems we now have in place, so THEIR stuff can be readily "seen". But there is no magic switches anywhere on any of our ally's US made and sold gear.