not a new subject - women in electronics and computing?

There you go, you always have to be the cunt with the Ad Hominem attacks. You really are not worth my time. It's not my fault if you cannot be serious.

So, I guess I won again and that means you'll spend some time bleating about your failure. Please, just get used to it.

DNA DNA

Reply to
Genome

That's what we all do at the part time level. While we have "part time seniority rights" we work it out with the department so that the classes get taught and nobody gets left behind. We only exercise "seniority" if the department head is being a prick.

You sound like you are in the Los Rios district. I ain't got no chops over there, so best of luck.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

of

unpopular

Because they worked in industry; they had to get the job done and realised that it made sense to swallow their pride and keep you on.

I was sacked from a university for refusing to do something I considered dangerous. I pointed out that sacking me wouldn't get the job done - so they sacked me and the job never got done.

They just didn''t care as long as they weren't seen to have given-in.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

--
As usual, your perception of reality is flawed.

Professionals being run by amateurs?

If you had a choice why would let it happen
Reply to
John Fields

--
And your point would be???
Reply to

I am désolé. I will drown my sorrows in coffee. Or maybe a double-shot latté. I will eat pecan pie until the pain goes away.

John John

[snip]

Sno-o-o-ort !!

I'll have a frittata myself ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Mr. Creosote, is that you???
Reply to
John Fields

Tenure or not, they still will fire you if the PC pressure is too high.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

What choice is there? Who are the board members of US public schools?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

But because of tenure there will be the golden parachute that non-taxpayer funded jobs typically do not contain. In order to avoid a lengthy union fight or legal battle they often get lavish severance deals. That would be a whole lot smaller if there wasn't tenure. I have met folks who were let go from a public employee position with a cushy retirement package and a medical plan for life (!) that had hardly any co-pays.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Yet another funny thing in my lifetime...

Back in the late '60's we had a REALLY BAD teacher in Cocopah Elementary School.

As President of the PTA I received all the written complaints from parents.

I took the letters to the School Board who asked that I give THEM the letters and THEY would take care of the problem.

I asked, "How'd you like to see these letters in tomorrow's newspaper?"

THEY canned the teacher ;-)

About 10 years later I ran for School Board.

The Teacher's Union endorsed my candidacy.

A few weeks later they finally realized I had been instrumental in tossing one of their own, so they UN-endorsed me ;-)

Both events made the newspapers.

But I lost anyway... finished 6th in a field of 7, just ahead of the certifiably crazy candidate ;-)

That's when I figured out that all parents wanted was baby-sitters for teachers.

So I moved my kids to private schools... at one point I was laying out over $50K per year :-(

...Jim Thompson

That doesn't surprise me one bit. Trying to get control of the evidence, I guess.

Doesn't surprise me either.

Must have been a paper without too much of a left bias ;-)

T'is why our church is going to build a school. The whole congregation has to pitch in so the load won't be just on those with young kids. But the county is dragging out the approval process up to wazoo. Several years now. Guess they do not like churches.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

[snip]

Naaah! "Follow the money". Betcha the Teacher's Union is active behind the scene.

...Jim Thompson

Privatize all of the schools. Apply just enough legislative supervision to prevent bad results.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Reply to
John Fields

--- Did you even read the article critically or do you have an example with which you can prove your allegation?

The man was placed on paid leave while the investigation was in progress and _he_ chose to terminate the process by resigning.

That's all we really know, and your conjecture that "they still will fire you if the PC pressure is too high." is unfounded.

-- JF

Reply to
John Fields

Like Rumffeld "chose to resign"?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I rest my case.

Don\'t let your mind wander -- it\'s too little to be let out alone.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

--
And how much is "just enough", ya fuckin\' loon?
Reply to