"new concept of computing" from nsa/von neumann.

I came across this document which sounda kinda interesting:

I am not much of an electrical engineer, so what is this about ?

Seems to be something about cosinus/sinus waves driving logic ?

Perhaps asynchronous computing ?

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

In sci.electronics.design Skybuck Flying wrote: : I came across this document which sounda kinda interesting: :

Glancing quickly the first few pages brought to my mind (i) the RSFQ logic which is effecively based on nonlinear *inductances* i.e. Josephson junctions; and (ii) the paper is obviously written before Landauer, i.e. before the connection between dissipation and 'forgetting' information. There are also distant echoes about quantum computing (or at least reversible computing), although the idea of quantum parallelism still lies in the future Deutsch and Feynmann papers and is not indicated by von Neumann in anyway.

Looks like a very interesting paper, for me at least. I should take a closer look, thanks for pointing this out.

Regards, Mikko

Reply to
Okkim Atnarivik