North Korea is next

The UN needs to make a declaration of condemnation of their previous tests and emphasize that they were illegal and that any new attempts will hold severe consequences.

Then, if they do perform another launch, WE need to destroy that rocket, and one of our major allies needs to destroy the pad and base it came from.

And then within hours, the command arm may get a nasty package delivery as well, unless they fully surrender and give up all this hate mongering crap.

Their people need food and an economy and a spot on the national table, not be starved and murdered by a bastard dictator in a communist regime.

And yes, it IS up to us to stop it.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

nuclear launch facilities heavily hardened and dispersed, there's no way to get everything before they get a couple warheads off at Seoul, Tokyo, Guam, and the US west coast. Think they wouldn't pull the trigger? well, if you're sure.

Reply to
bitrex

One can absolutely guarantee that N.Korea would retaliate destruction of their war junk. If you wish a probability factor on that score, i place that above 2.0.

Robert Baer

There was no treaty so they were not. BTW, did anyone around here know that Russia pulled out of most of the NPT agreement(s) ? Yup, they are going to do whatever they damn well please from here on out.

Reply to
jurb6006

the US will likely just have to accept that NK will have some small nuclear capability for the foreseeable future in the way everyone else and their mother does. Pakistan has a much larger one idk what exactly makes the Pakis significantly more trustworthy than NK. I thought that Muslims supposedly all hated us universally, North Korea at least isn't interested in dying for Allah and just believe in...whatever it is they believe in.

basically what's negotiable with them now is a treaty to limit its size. Qaddafi gave up nuclear weapons voluntarily out of the "goodness" of his heart and see what happened to him, they are aware of that. And won't do it.

Reply to
bitrex

His nuclear program, rather, Libya never had a functioning weapon AFAIK

Reply to
bitrex

And I'll also guarantee their arsenal is a bit more extensive and sophisticated than OP believes, they probably don't have 50 functioning warheads on missiles ready to go but I'd bet it's significantly more than 0 or 1.

Asian countries love to play down their actual capabilities and let the West's ego/racism do the deception work for them. Oh so solly white man. We not know how make bomb or missile. So solly not know what we doing.

Straight out of Sun Tzu

Reply to
bitrex

And, aside from all questions of North Korea's nuclear arsenal... they also have a _huge_ amount of conventional weaponry, staged north of the DMZ... artillery, tube rockets, and the like. According to some reports, some of this has a range of up to 125 miles. Seoul starts about 25 miles south of the DMZ.

Then, add the possible risk of chemical weapons, which North Korea is believed to possess in substantial quantities.

The threat that North Korea would undertake a massive "conventional" and/or chemical-weapons retaliation, if attacked with nuclear weapons, is not a small thing at all... if they decide to flatten Seoul, there could be hundreds of thousands of casualties, very quickly.

The US and the Soviet Union played the "mutually assured destruction" game for decades. North Korea can apparently play that game as well.

Reply to
Dave Platt

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:2885dd7e-5231-4565-b65e- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I am sorry, but you obviously lack the bigger picture vision to see why we need to stop nuclear proliferation. Much less discuss it.

So, yes... Specifically at this point in the world's history, because we are the biggest assholes on the block.

Compare that with the hows and whys Putin attacked the Ukraine.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:304046ee-f0c7-44ef-ad23-bf0f4f4c89f4 @googlegroups.com:

No... not "a treaty" but there was an agreement to cease fighting.

They are also not a (formal) member of the UN.

The rest of the world pretty much disagrees with you. They have one of the worst human rights records on the planet, yet you still want to give their murderous regime credibility and claim they have something to protect. Our mission is to save the innocent people of NoK from their despotic leadership.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

That retarded asshole is just as bad as Un. Worse actually.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

bitrex wrote in news:vL7lE.25222$ snipped-for-privacy@fx16.iad:

Total bullshit. The whole point is that we and the UN as a whole, does NOT 'accept it'. The idiots need to be beat down, even if it means opening up another confrontation at the DMZ. We need to finally mop up that old obsolete crap military hardware they are driving around in. There is no acceptable 'nuclear sabre rattling' Wake the f*ck up.

Because they are held in cold war check by India and the UN. You do not see them performing missile tests and other nasty sabre rattling crap either.

Pakistan is a UN member. That is why the US was so upset that they used US built planes to down another ally's plane.

Neither they nor India should have one (nukes) either.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

bitrex wrote in news:vL7lE.25222$ snipped-for-privacy@fx16.iad:

You are an idiot. NoK does not 'believe' anything other than the

100% *forced* party line. NoK's people are suffering in a huge way. Not merely starving. Wake up.
Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

bitrex wrote in news:vL7lE.25222$ snipped-for-privacy@fx16.iad:

You are a complete idiot.

Un has exactly zero thoughts about what you percieve happened to Gaddafi.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

bitrex wrote in news:1V7lE.82342$ snipped-for-privacy@fx14.iad:

NoK is NOT chinese and they do NOT follow their doctrine(s). You need to stop making stupid shit up.

And you are clueless as to haw many devices they have. They just barely got pat underground dirty bomb detonations.

They *might* have one device. They might have a few of the dirty bomb failure types.

They have spent the last decade working on propulsion systems and control.

They need to keep failing. As they begin to succeed and upgrade their payload delivery control system technology, WE need to QUELL it. ALL OF IT.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@coop.radagast.org (Dave Platt) wrote in news:dojfmf-pn4.ln1 @coop.radagast.org:

What they would posses... and in real short order... would be an unconditional surrender.

They have always been on the brink of being done. I am surprised it took this long, and we let their stupid shit fester too long already.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@coop.radagast.org (Dave Platt) wrote in news:dojfmf-pn4.ln1 @coop.radagast.org:

I seriously doubt they can, and have every confidence thet we would obliterate them in seriously short order.

MAD was for the big players. I gaurantee this would cause mass surrender, then full surrender. Many of them want the stupid bastard's regime to die as well. His men would walk away from him within minutes of seeing the hell our new tech unleashes.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I didn't read every post in this thread, but I didn't see the name "China" mentioned. How can anyone discuss attacking North Korea for testing nuclear weapons without taking into consideration China???

Bit of a 600 lb Gorilla, no?

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Oh yes they did. Bigger than any bomb. It was almost a new technology. It i s called;

The African gold dinar.

Proposed by Qahddafi(f*ck spelling) it was to be actually backed by gold an d meant to replace the petrobuck as the world oil currency.

Do you have any idea what would have happened if he got that going ? Really ? If/when those trillions in petrobucks come home they will be known as th e worthless paper they are and we are going to owe all of it. Think we got debt now ? You ain't seen nuthin. Our economy could be flattened overnight and no President wants that to happen on his watch.

Reply to
jurb6006

reports, some of this has a range of up to 125 miles. Seoul starts about 25 miles south of the DMZ. "

They're close enough to march right in. Why haven't they ? The same reason they are NEVER going to nuke the US. They don't want to die.

This is all a game. You know what it really looks like ? It looks like a high stakes poker game where you bring your million and I bring my trillion to the table and oh, my friends can have guns but your friends can't.

Run me a better analogy than that, go ahead.

Reply to
jurb6006