no more HP, no more Agilent scopes

Praying that Danaher doesn't buy it up, if they do sell.

Reply to
JW

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 21:20:59 GMT snipped-for-privacy@puntnl.niks (Nico Coesel) wrote in Message id: :

Doubt that would happen, where would they get the $? Agilent's T & M group is estimated to have 2.9 billion dollars in sales this year, I would think it would go for a lot more than they could afford.

JW

But then the company is not really for sale is it? They are spinning it off and it will be publicly traded. I suppose they could buy it up from the market, but that usually takes a rather high bid over the current market price and is often not worth the price.

--

Rick
Reply to

Didn't the article say they were spinning the division off as a new company giving current shareholders the stock? So there is no sale.

--

Rick
Reply to

Considering more EE's employed in China than any other country, it would not surprise me if Rigol, who are privately funded , took over T&M .

RIGOL Headquartered in Beijing, China,

Reply to
Anthony Stewart

It will be interesting to see how the stock certificates read as it currently has no name. I don't have any details on the transacation and I have plenty of questions, such as does this division require stockholders approval?

It's possible that I'm wrong about a sale, because the planned completion of the transaction is by the end of 2014. That gives them plenty of time to buy SEC approval and find an unpronouceable name and associated acronym[1]: However, it also gives them time to find a buyer. Dunno.

Some details:

Incidentally, Agilent has spun off a division in the past:

[1] I vote for Dymec, which was the company HP bought partly because it's logo was the HP logo turned upside down. Unfortunately, HP doesn't own the name any more:
--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Yesterday, while dropping the child-unit off at college, I met a guy that works for the test and measurement division of Agilent. He works for the "unnamed company."

Funny thing is that Agilent hasn't seen fit to leverage their expertise in spectrum analyzers and come out with an all-in-one platform like Tektronix. A couple of months ago I was in a focus group for an all-in-one Tektronix device. It was pretty interesting. A very nice piece of test equipment if priced right. They wanted our views on how to advertise and market the device, basically which ads and taglines we liked and didn't like. I made a horrible face when they used the word "affordable" and suggested that "lemon-scented" would have as much meaning in an ad.

Reply to
sms