Brillouin?s Controlled Electron Capture Reaction

Brillouin?s CECR starts by introducing hydrogen into a suitable piece of nickel (or other metal with the correct internal geometry). A proprietary electronic pulse generator then creates stress points in the metal where the applied energy is focused into very small spaces. This concentrated energy allows some of the protons in the hydrogen to capture an electron, and thus become a neutron. This step converts a small amount of energy into mass in the neutron.

More pulses both create more neutrons and allow neutrons to combine with some of the hydrogen to form deuterium (a form of hydrogen with both a proton and a neutron in the nucleus). This ?combination? step releases energy. The process continues, again, with some neutrons combining with deuterium to form tritium (hydrogen with one proton and two neutrons). This step releases still more energy. The process continues with some neutrons combining with the tritium to form quadrium (hydrogen with one proton and three neutrons). Since quadrium is not stable, it quickly turns into helium in a process that releases more energy than it took to create all the preceding steps.

Brillouin?s power equation is 2.4 units of energy going in and 24 units coming out.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Why stop there? Continue on, all the way up to iron.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Just trying to slip cold fusion in, a little bit of at a time, John Did you read the article? Iron? I don't know, maybe incorrect internal geometry. :-)

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Wouldn't it be easier to just pray for dollars?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Yes, but that "proprietary electronic pulse generator" is consuming 40 units of energy ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Do these people sell swamp land in Florida? What happens when it just doesn't work??

Reply to
Paul Colby

From what I see, you send your dollars in and they will pray for you. 2.4 units in 24 units out, that seems strange, why not 1 to 10? Mikek

Reply to
amdx

The article is crazy. If this actually worked, they wouldn't be looking for a rusty old power plant to refurbish, to sell the power. They'd go directly to GE. Or Vladimir.

One problem with cold fusion is that, if it produced any usable amount of heat, everyone nearby would be killed by the neutron flux.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

E-

1 to 10 sounds like you just made it up.
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

:-) Ha ha! Good Call. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

The same thing that happened to Solyndra? It works out to be a sweet deal, for some.

Reply to
krw

tep

its

Solyandra might have worked. Krw is too dim to appreciate that there are gr ades of implausibility, and a proton capturing an electron is significantly less likely that an a solar energy firm making money, even if some of the money invested in the solar-energy firm comes from a Democratic administrat ion.

He probably doesn't believe that the Syrian regime has access to weapons of mass destruction, since he's been told they have by (drum-beat) a Democrat ic administration. That the UN has confirmed it will merely sharpen his unb elief. I'd say deepen his scepticism - but krw isn't capable of scepticism, since it is a rational response.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Is SRI the same organisation as the Stanford Research Institute which was involved in the 'investigation' of Yuri Geller's telekinetic spoon bending tricks back 20-30 years ago ?

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

Slowman, you really can't avoid demonstrating just how stupid you really are.

That's two!

Actually, that's three strikes because it's clear that he's too stupid to post properly.

Reply to
krw

iece

s.

ts

? step

and

units

is-

grades of implausibility, and a proton capturing an electron is significan tly less likely that an a solar energy firm making money, even if some of t he money invested in the solar-energy firm comes from a Democratic administ ration.

of mass destruction, since he's been told they have by (drum-beat) a Democ ratic administration. That the UN has confirmed it will merely sharpen his unbelief. I'd say deepen his scepticism - but krw isn't capable of sceptici sm, since it is a rational response.

krw's faith in argument by assertion is undiminished. His reputation as a d eep thinker is equally untarnished - there's a natural lower limit to shall ow, and krw defines it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Yeah, just watch out for the supernova!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Oh, I thought that's what Rossi was already doing.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

es

Since the neutron - on it's own - is unstable and decays to a proton, an el ectron and an electron anti-neutrino, emitting 0.782343 MeV in the process , the first step is a trifle improbable.

Fleischmann and Pons at least had the sense to start off with deutrons.

Of course, that doesn't work either.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

You'd think if they wanted to look real, they could at least spell correctly for vulture capitalists.

My due diligence raised red flags at 2 errors. Pluse out, Hyrogen

Reply to
Anthony Stewart