new HP35

With my HP11C I can find out in under 5 seconds where something might resonate. With a PC I can only do that if I have the proper formula entered into a spreadsheet. Which also needs to be open, no time to wait for some program to load.

That's pretty useless when you are at a client in the lab, the table is full of stuff and the next computer is over yonder in a corner, with someone whom you don't know sitting in front of it. "Hey, dude, could you let me have your PC for a minute?"

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

instead=20

Please=20

You not only missed, but you nearly stabbed yourself.

Reply to
JosephKK

number

have

, etc.

splay

f the

ntil

had to

ry (or

-

The HP45 was NOT programmable - just had more data memories than the HP35, a shift key to accomodate more functions like R->P, P->R, etc. The HP65 was the first programmable (storage with cards). The HP55 was more reasonably priced, but had no program storage capability. TomC

Reply to
TomCee

dissipating

however

email

newsgroup=20

in=20

full=20

in=20

and=20

email is=20

to=20

got=20

So=20

of=20

I=20

I have no issue with paying reasonable prices for worthwhile software like Agent. I just wanted to know if there was any compelling reason to move from 5 to 6 like there was to move from 4 to 5. Though it is very different to implement, filtering with an ACL like language is much more natural to the nature of the task than PCRE.

Reply to
JosephKK

The intelligent quoting option in reading replies is wonderful. I have it set to show up to twelve quoted lines and collapse the rest. So, from your original reply that had 133 lines of text with branches of 12- and

6-level replies, all I see with the "Q" toggle on is Jim's quote and your reply.

The balance of the posting is still there, to be shown or hidden with Q just as H does with the header fields.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

I didn't know that was there ;-) I'll try that. ...Jim Thompson

         You can never be too prepared for the REPRESSION!

Even nicer would be if you could set up to show only the last two _levels_ of quoting and hide the rest, rather than "lines". ...Jim Thompson

         You can never be too prepared for the REPRESSION!

Sounds like we're going to have a *lot* less snipping. ...and I thought top-posters were the problem.

(I bought Agent v5, but likely won't upgrade to V6 - no compelling reason).

Reply to
krw

Or better, snip all but the last N levels.

Reply to
krw

Indeed! A quick read of the Agent "feature" shows it's only valid during "view", NOT in the "reply" window.

But you have given me an idea... I'll write a Macro Express hot key that will "snip" all lines beginning ">>>" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

                     In wine there is wisdom,
                    In beer there is freedom,
                   In water there is bacteria
                                               - Benjamin Franklin

Should not have an effect on snippage. The default behavior with the "reply to message" button is to dump the whole of the msg being replied to (with added leading > characters) into the edit window, just as it does now. So there's no change to how interleaved or edited [*] replies are handled.

If you do a "select all" in the original message window before hitting the reply button, though, then only the "auto-snipped" portion is copied to the reply edit window. May or may not be useful.

[*] Why isn't this spelled "editted"? Wouldn't "edited" be pronounced "ee-DIE-ted"? Must be Noah W's fault ...
--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

It is "level aware" to the extent that the lines-shown test will apply to each individual section of an interleaved reply.

But an alt-headscratch-meta-arrow option to shrink or expand by levels would be interesting.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

from

That could be a very handy feature.

Reply to
JosephKK

complex number

mind) have

you

memories, etc.

display

version of the

least until

just had to

memory (or

text -

Wiping egg off my face.

with one search i found

It pretty well sets the records straight.

Reply to
JosephKK

You'll still leave the attribution for an additional level, but I guess that's not too bad.

Reply to
krw

Ok, that's the part left out. It sounded like it suppressed the display everywhere.

It's an awkward word anyway. Woudn't bother me if it got lost. ;-)

Reply to
krw